Is Halo still the King of FPS?

#51skullsukkerPosted 6/12/2014 6:07:08 AM
if its not the king of console fps, which i believe it is, it is surely the king of console multiplayer options, interface, and matchmaking.

there is no other game out there that does it like halo. from passing party lead, custom games, custom maps, seeing who is in the party, etc. nothing has come anywhere close to how well it was done in halo.
#52darkshadowmasterPosted 6/12/2014 6:11:09 AM
skullsukker posted...
there is no other game out there that does it like halo. from passing party lead, custom games, custom maps, seeing who is in the party, etc. nothing has come anywhere close to how well it was done in halo.

That I can agree with.
I really wasn't the biggest fan with the slower gameplay but it definitely did all that right.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#53CreepyPRV(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 9:58:54 AM
bump
#54BryanPS360Posted 6/12/2014 11:19:24 AM
I'll let you know after I try Halo 5.
---
XBGT:RedHawkDirewolf PSN and NNID: RedHawk_Direwolf
#55DIVINExFABLEPosted 6/12/2014 3:46:43 PM
Rephin posted...
DIVINExFABLE posted...
dnmt posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
dnmt posted...
I would say no:

http://i.imgur.com/gxeEokL.png

Still higher than any PS3 exclusive shooter

http://gimmegimmegames.com/2013/11/killzone-shadow-fall-roughly-1200-players-online/

This thread is about Halo, bro. Also did you know that Killzone, a game released in 2013, has more active players than Titanfall?

Oh, well it's good to know that titanfall, a game that is on a brand new console, has less players than a game that is on a last generation console that I'm more than assuming has a larger player base...

Re-read that. It's for Killzone: Shadow Fall (November 2013), which is for the PlayStation 4, a current generation console.

Aye, thanks heh. lol
---
XBL GT: Karmosity
Believe it or not, He's the good guy.
#56Saga3Posted 6/12/2014 3:57:39 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#57triple sPosted 6/12/2014 3:58:34 PM
To me it is. Favorite FPS series without a doubt.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#58youngskillzPosted 6/12/2014 4:12:04 PM
we'll see with halo 5.

destiny is really good, an this is just the alpha.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Aborted, Eye of the Enemy, The Wake, Exhortation, Deals Death, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated.
#59Bad_DudesPosted 6/12/2014 5:47:43 PM
Not since Halo 2 innovated FPS games by introducing dual wielding.
#60pwnater777Posted 6/12/2014 5:53:26 PM
It has the best story of any first-person shooter by far, and will forever hold a special place in my heart (the first two were my first M-rated titles). I don't think it's the top FPS, since I'll always give that place to Counter-Strike, but it is definitely a landmark for the genre.

Just bought my first retail-box copy of Halo: Combat Evolved tonight since I'm planning to round up near-mint copies of every game in the series, then play them in canonical order. I never owned the actual box, since my only copy of Halo 1 was in a replacement Hollywood Video case. Ahhh, how many times did I rent it? Maybe 5 or 10?
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe