Is Halo still the King of FPS?

#61LooksLikeRainPosted 6/12/2014 6:55:20 PM
I play Halo when I want a competitive, skill based game. I play cod when I want to test my reaction speed.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#62schmarkenheimerPosted 6/13/2014 4:03:58 AM
TreGooda posted...
schmarkenheimer posted...
WartPig_ posted...
Garage_Man posted...
cmdrdredd posted...
Never was...even when it originally released in 2001 the PC did FPS games better.

Quake, UT, CS, Tribes yo.

I've been a PC gamer my whole life and put a lot of hours into every game you mentioned. Halo is/was way better than all of them.

Can't say I agree.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#63LordMordethPosted 6/13/2014 5:34:36 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
WartPig_ posted...
Garage_Man posted...
cmdrdredd posted...
Never was...even when it originally released in 2001 the PC did FPS games better.

Halo and counter strike. Halo revolutionized regenerating health, varied gametypes and deep story. It's a game years ahead of its time. The fact this many years later so many still wanna play halo 2 proves it

I'll give you the other points but deep story?

Really?

Halo had a deep story?

What game(s) have you been playing?
---
Rage, whine, wah wah.. people really are freaking idiots.
#64eLiTeRiChxUKPosted 6/13/2014 6:02:11 AM
My ultimate favourite FPS will forever be the original Half-Life
---
"Be yourself and let the chips fall where they may"
GT: One Called Rich
#65RPGspleasePosted 6/13/2014 6:12:35 AM
For sheer enjoyment duke 3d does it for me. Doom was and is the king. Hell wolfenstien started the whole thing. A fps will forever be better on pc and counterstrike is/was the epitome of competitive fps. Some people must be to young to remember. Sure halo would cause a ton of lan parties but cs slaughtered it. I remember in college you were either playing gunbound or cs. Lol
---
"Some of this is garbage, most is handheld, and most isn't even in ENGLISH. " Phaseslaethe on Japan's mediacreate numbers
#66darkshadowmasterPosted 6/13/2014 6:51:08 AM
schmarkenheimer posted...
Can't say I agree.

Same

Although there are massive differences between each other for those games that are listed.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#67SoftAssassinPosted 6/14/2014 4:07:37 PM
pblimp360 posted...
There's no FPS better than it in my eyes.

Gamefaqs voters don't need a crystal ball to predict how you'll always vote. I'm going to have to agree with #41.
#68kloud 11Posted 6/14/2014 4:21:45 PM(edited)
Killzone 2 took the throne but then killzone 3 dropped it. Killzone SF tried to get it back but didnt try hard enough

its just laying on the ground for someone to pick it up right now
#69Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 6/14/2014 4:26:33 PM
now when you say "King of FPS" I assume you mean if someone was to think of a FPS that would be the one to come to mind. In this instance Halo was the king from CE until Halo 3. Halo 3 came out around the time of COD4. COD4. put Cod in the spotlight but I don't think it dethroned Halo. I think MW2 is when COD became the king of FPS and took the title away from Halo. Although I still believe COD holds the title I think it will be taken away soon as people are getting tired of the series
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#70Apex-PlayerPosted 6/14/2014 4:31:43 PM
LordMordeth posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
WartPig_ posted...
Garage_Man posted...
cmdrdredd posted...

Halo and counter strike. Halo revolutionized regenerating health, varied gametypes and deep story. It's a game years ahead of its time. The fact this many years later so many still wanna play halo 2 proves it

I'll give you the other points but deep story?

Really?

Halo had a deep story?

What game(s) have you been playing?

I said the same thing. I played 1-3, absolutely uninteresting.
Made a similar comment.
I was told you need to read the lore, look it up online etc.
Which I never did, just replied it should already be in the game I shouldn't need to look up lore.

Things like The Last of Us get ragged on for a great story, with some good multiplayer.
Yet this series gets praised for good MP and yet has hardly any story to the point you need to look up lore.

smh try not to wonder about it, least most games have a good story added in the campaign and we don't need to research it.
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh