Is Halo still the King of FPS?

#81vivalabuck92Posted 6/14/2014 10:24:57 PM
I don't know. I love Halos story but mainly because it has that Oddesey style of story telling where you are following a character and are basically as blind as they are. Halo 3 bugged me the most because it was just a straight up war story while Halo 1,2, and 4 were showing unknown territory for both the character and the player so you had a better connection with the character. Kind of like how players can connect with Gordon Freeman even though he doesn't speak.
---
Gamertag: NeverTooWhite
#82AnimalManBuddyBPosted 6/14/2014 10:33:29 PM
Nah Reach and 4 were absolutely terrible
#83schmarkenheimerPosted 6/15/2014 8:03:07 AM
mike468 posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
You're implying that it was at one point the King of FPS... It never was

Number 1 played game on XBL for 2 years straight?! I beg to differ.

So what? That's "king of FPS on Xbox". Hardly a great achievement, what else was there at the time? Rainbow 6?
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#84AgentLockePosted 6/15/2014 4:40:45 PM
schmarkenheimer posted...
mike468 posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...

So what? That's "king of FPS on Xbox". Hardly a great achievement, what else was there at the time? Rainbow 6?

Want a achievement? It started MLG I think that's a damn good achievement if you ask me, since you had to bring consoles into this what has any ps shooter achieved that's better? I'll wait...
---
Italy to win the cup for the 5th time! Let's go Azzurri!!!
#85DiegoSanchez206Posted 6/15/2014 4:43:25 PM
Halo hasn't been fun for me since Halo 2.
#86schmarkenheimerPosted 6/16/2014 4:23:56 AM
AgentLocke posted...
schmarkenheimer posted...
mike468 posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...

Want a achievement? It started MLG I think that's a damn good achievement if you ask me, since you had to bring consoles into this what has any ps shooter achieved that's better? I'll wait...

I didn't bring consoles into it. The guy I quoted said:

"Number 1 played game on XBL for 2 years straight?! I beg to differ".

"King of FPS" implies best FPS on all platforms, including PC, which I stated Quake, CS, Tribes, UT earlier.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12