Not a single Sony game looks better than Sunset Overdrive

#111darkskillPosted 6/11/2014 11:56:37 AM
It looks like a re-skinned, enhanced, ratchet and clank game. And I"m a huge R&C fan..
---
#112youngskillzPosted 6/11/2014 12:52:53 PM
the sad thing is tc is probably serious.

even if not, still a hilarious statement.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Aborted, Eye of the Enemy, The Wake, Exhortation, Deals Death, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated.
#113segagamerPosted 6/11/2014 1:03:42 PM
ShadowNinja87 posted...
The Order says Hi.

The Order is the best looking game ever game, yet so dark, linear and boring.
---
NNID: JZimino
XBL: IdealCornet25
#114ThugETHPosted 6/11/2014 1:11:29 PM
Juzten76 posted...
PrinceReva posted...
SS_MetalSonic posted...
SO is a video game. A REAL video game. The kind of game old school gamers recognise right away. The kind of game that has you feel the controller in your hands when you aren't even holding one. This isn't a movie disguised as a game. It is what original gaming is all about.

This the type of game that may not appeal to causals because casuals only really game because of realism in graphics .

WTF are you talking about? This is the single most casual game I saw at E3 by a non-indie developer. Its a run-n-gun with no cover or strategy. Shoot, keep shooting, dont stop moving.

"Sunset overdrive is trying so hard to cater to the 'hip teenager crowed', it's so ridiculous, it's like a game made by Sunkist for teenagers craving sugar."

This accurately depicts how I've felt about Sunset overdrive. It's like an old commercial's misconstrued idea of what a video game is supposed to be actually got to be made into a real thing.

Hip teenage crowd? No. It's old school through and through.

There's nothing old skool about it.
---
31/9/2005 <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone!?
#115method115Posted 6/11/2014 1:25:42 PM
segagamer posted...
ShadowNinja87 posted...
The Order says Hi.

The Order is the best looking game ever game, yet so dark, linear and boring.

Yea the order does look the best. It does look dark and linear I'm ok with both of those. I don't see why all of a sudden every game coming out can't be linear anymore I don't understand where this came from.

What I do like about this game is they seem to be heavily focusing on the story and I like that. I like games with a good story and they seem to be going for that.

As far as the game being boring how could you possibly know that? Titanfall looked like one of the most exciting multiplayer games I've ever seen I was so hyped for that game. Then I played it and it was so boring the AI robots were just a stupid addition and annoying. Every time I forced myself to try and like the game all I wanted to do was go play BF4 on my PS4 which I eventually started doing every time I played. The game clearly has potential and I can't wait to see what they do from here but their first attempt was very disappointing IMO.

My point is until you try a game you can't possibly know how good it is.
---
PSN: method114
XBL: method115
#116iamdanthamanPosted 6/11/2014 1:34:26 PM
GGscrub posted...
iamdanthaman posted...
Wow, what a great comeback from the Sony patrol

Bloodborne? CGI trailer
Uncharted? CGI trailer
The Order? Barely any gameplay shown, hopefully the whole game is not like the sequence they showed
Not to mention that none of the games mentioned are coming out this year.

Uncharted was confirmed to be ingame engine, CGI my ass.

Try harder try again.

ingame engine =/= gameplay. Remember the Alfred Molina presentation on PS3? Show me the game that looked like that. It's easy for things to look great when nothing is going on. It might as well be pre-rendered.
---
All your base are belong to us
#117PippyThePooperPosted 6/11/2014 3:46:35 PM(edited)
Bloodborne

/thread

(If this has already been said numerous times, my apologies. I have no intentions of reading any posts in this topic...except the one below.)
---
I've always wondered why an adult would accept a non-paying job such as being a moderator. It has become clear to me now that that no adult would.
#118PippyThePooperPosted 6/11/2014 3:45:07 PM
AltiarLio posted...
OmegaTavo posted...
Why does this seems to me like Titanfall all over again?

Well titanfall is the best game out this year so far so if be happy if sunset overdrive was that good.

Oh don't make me laugh!

PvZ Garden Warfare is ten times better than Titanfail and Mario Kart 8 is 100 times better than that.
---
I've always wondered why an adult would accept a non-paying job such as being a moderator. It has become clear to me now that that no adult would.
#119Spetsnaz420Posted 6/13/2014 1:32:39 AM
SO looks neat and really colourful and all... But it's just not my cup of tea...

Never got into jetset or DR

I don't see it being a bad game but TC, what do you mean by "looks better"? You mean visually or game play wise? Visually I'd have to disagree for more reasons than I have space to type, game play wise I'd accept that as your opinion.
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382