Not a single Sony game looks better than Sunset Overdrive

#31slowdog76Posted 6/11/2014 6:19:54 AM
xxtasy911 posted...
AltiarLio posted...
OmegaTavo posted...
Why does this seems to me like Titanfall all over again?

Well titanfall is the best game out this year so far so if be happy if sunset overdrive was that good.

Wait, what?

i agree. it is. slim pickings, but it def is
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#32PrinceRevaPosted 6/11/2014 6:22:43 AM
SS_MetalSonic posted...
SO is a video game. A REAL video game. The kind of game old school gamers recognise right away. The kind of game that has you feel the controller in your hands when you aren't even holding one. This isn't a movie disguised as a game. It is what original gaming is all about.

This the type of game that may not appeal to causals because casuals only really game because of realism in graphics .

WTF are you talking about? This is the single most casual game I saw at E3 by a non-indie developer. Its a run-n-gun with no cover or strategy. Shoot, keep shooting, dont stop moving.

"Sunset overdrive is trying so hard to cater to the 'hip teenager crowed', it's so ridiculous, it's like a game made by Sunkist for teenagers craving sugar."

This accurately depicts how I've felt about Sunset overdrive. It's like an old commercial's misconstrued idea of what a video game is supposed to be actually got to be made into a real thing.
---
*slips away unnoticed*
#33Juzten76Posted 6/11/2014 6:26:28 AM
PrinceReva posted...
SS_MetalSonic posted...
SO is a video game. A REAL video game. The kind of game old school gamers recognise right away. The kind of game that has you feel the controller in your hands when you aren't even holding one. This isn't a movie disguised as a game. It is what original gaming is all about.

This the type of game that may not appeal to causals because casuals only really game because of realism in graphics .

WTF are you talking about? This is the single most casual game I saw at E3 by a non-indie developer. Its a run-n-gun with no cover or strategy. Shoot, keep shooting, dont stop moving.

"Sunset overdrive is trying so hard to cater to the 'hip teenager crowed', it's so ridiculous, it's like a game made by Sunkist for teenagers craving sugar."

This accurately depicts how I've felt about Sunset overdrive. It's like an old commercial's misconstrued idea of what a video game is supposed to be actually got to be made into a real thing.

Hip teenage crowd? No. It's old school through and through.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#34pblimp360Posted 6/11/2014 6:27:30 AM(edited)
TheSL1Club posted...
Sunset overdrive is trying so hard to cater to the 'hip teenager crowed', it's so ridiculous, it's like a game made by Sunkist for teenagers craving sugar.

Says the known troll.

If the game was coming out for the PS4 I guarantee you and your fellow bridge dwellers would be going gaga.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#35Juzten76Posted 6/11/2014 6:27:38 AM
Red Link posted...
I might be marginally interested in Sunset Overdrive if the protagonist wasn't literally Poochie.

The protagonist is anyone you want them to be. You create a character in this game.
---
#36SuperSuikodenPosted 6/11/2014 6:27:53 AM
PoweredMilkMan posted...
NE_PatriotsFan posted...
Yawn, another zombie shooter

They aren't zombies.

What are they? Takens!?
---
Xbox|Steam: Call Me A Hero
http://raptr.com/Call_Me_A_Hero
#37nb003_99Posted 6/11/2014 6:28:07 AM
Graphics?
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#38SherIock_HoImesPosted 6/11/2014 6:32:17 AM
Topics like this should really have "In my opinion" in the topic title.
---
http://i.imgur.com/zu3aHPS.jpg
3DS FC: *Zoe* 0662-4233-5689
#39Juzten76Posted 6/11/2014 6:33:59 AM
SherIock_HoImes posted...
Topics like this should really have "In my opinion" in the topic title.

It goes without saying. I hope that people know an opinion when they see one.
---
#40XisurusXPosted 6/11/2014 6:34:54 AM
TC I am not trying to stir up more console war stuff but yours is simply an opinion. As an adult, I dont think sunset overdrive looks very fun and the art style is definitely not for me. I am kind of confused as to why MS is somewhat making this game the face of ther brand next to Halo. Almost every Sony game shown looked better to me, granted many were multiplats.