Did anyone really "win"

#21BryanPS360Posted 6/9/2014 8:58:01 PM
Whoever "won", EA most definitely lost.
---
XBGT:RedHawkDirewolf PSN and NNID: RedHawk_Direwolf
#22HowatizerPosted 6/9/2014 9:11:46 PM
quincy2000a posted...
Howatizer posted...
Any winning or losing only happened in the minds of pathetic fanboys.

MS marketing director, 2013: "We are going to kill Sony at E3!"

Sounds like he was trying to win something...

Your point is?

I own a PS4 and not an X1 and I stand by my original statement 100%
---
It is fortunate to be favored with praise and popularity. It is dire luck to be dependent on the feelings of your fellow man.- The Havamal
#23quincy2000aPosted 6/9/2014 9:29:07 PM
Howatizer posted...
quincy2000a posted...
Howatizer posted...

Your point is?

It has nothing to do with what system you or I own.

My point is that no matter how naive you are about E3, those billion dollar companies are very competitive about what happens at E3 and they are out to win by doing better than the competition.
---
"..I just heard how our message resonated with people and some of the decisions that we made, that I think were actually the wrong decisions.." Phil S
#24Dr_KainPosted 6/9/2014 9:36:41 PM(edited)
You want to know who won E3? The gamers. Both Sony and MS had equally great showings. MS had a better flow of content while Sony spent too much time on other stuff that took away from their content. Sony had a stronger showing of games though, but neither company showed me anything that truly made me go, "OMG THIS IS THE BEST CONFERENCE EVER!!"

However, GTAV and The Last of US on next gen, Arkham Knight, Unity, Far Cry 4, Uncharted 4, Mortal Kombat X, Sunset Overdrive, and several of the indie titles all look down right fantastic.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, where having an opinion is a declaration of war.
#25HowatizerPosted 6/10/2014 6:40:20 PM
quincy2000a posted...
Howatizer posted...
quincy2000a posted...
Howatizer posted...

Your point is?

It has nothing to do with what system you or I own.

My point is that no matter how naive you are about E3, those billion dollar companies are very competitive about what happens at E3 and they are out to win by doing better than the competition.

A very interesting way to try and justify fanboyism, but it doesn't fly with me. E3 is a gaming expo where companies get to showcase their new products and innovations. They obviously are looking to garner more of the market share, that is the point of the expo.

They also used to have a Science Expo going around the world showcasing innovations and breakthroughs in science, this was an attempt to garner more interest in their fields and bring awareness and possibly grants from interested parties.... they were not out to "win".

Though I guess Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo don't mind the blind fanboys, they provide free advertising like morons, selling themselves for nothing. Even a prostitute has higher expectation from their clientele.
---
It is fortunate to be favored with praise and popularity. It is dire luck to be dependent on the feelings of your fellow man.- The Havamal
#26quincy2000aPosted 6/10/2014 7:01:42 PM
Howatizer posted...
they were not out to "win".

Howatizer posted...

I printed that quote above and you conveniently avoided responding to it.

If they are not out to win, why would a marketing director make that statement?
---
"..I just heard how our message resonated with people and some of the decisions that we made, that I think were actually the wrong decisions.." Phil S
#27pblimp360Posted 6/10/2014 7:02:54 PM
Flare1721 posted...
gamers.

---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#28HowatizerPosted 6/10/2014 11:28:07 PM
quincy2000a posted...
Howatizer posted...
they were not out to "win".

Howatizer posted...

I printed that quote above and you conveniently avoided responding to it.

If they are not out to win, why would a marketing director make that statement?

I don't care why he made that statement, I have nothing invested into Microsoft. Morons and fanboys think there is a console war to win, or a battle at E3 to win. I don't know why I have to explain something so simple to you. Maybe you don't agree and that is fine, but if you think you are going to convince me otherwise, you will be very disappointed.
---