Is the Master Chief collection $60? If so MS won E3 to me

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is the Master Chief collection $60? If so MS won E3 to me
1 year ago#61
redeyes6778 posted...
What most people don't get is the reason that TLOU is rereleased on PS4 is for 360 gamers who never had the chance to play it last gen that have switched over to PS4 instead of X1, thus to them TLOU is a new game

yuk another one. I guess I don't relate to this swing group, probably because I always buy all the consoles.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
1 year ago#62
mokmuud posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
dnmt posted...
crucial posted...
LoU is a 2 year port with not much difference besides a fresh new coat of paint,now Halo 1-4 HD in 1080/60fps with all the DLC 100+maps on decades old games for 60 bucks is a much better deal,Halo 2 is considered one of the best mp games ever made and everyone wants it but no MS has to give us 1-4 with all DLC and Halo 5 beta,add in SSO,QB,KI S2,Phantom Dust,Below,Inside,Fable Legends and many other arcade and indie titles makes MS the winner this year,it's simple.

The difference is the TLoU remaster was made for all those 360 owners who switched to Sony this gen while the Halo collection is for the same sad blokes who've been playing Halo for the better part of a decade. IN MY OPINION.

And? Considering that I missed most of the original Xbox, I rather replay the original Halo 1 and 2, both which are classics and had their multiplayer shut down, than some scripted setpiece game that's worth two playthroughs at most.

Couldn't you play 1 and 2 on the 360 a long time ago?

Halo 2's multiplayer was shut down in 2009 or so, while Halo 1 for Xbox never had online multiplayer since it was a launch game made before Xbox Live was introduced
---
Hello
1 year ago#63
Halo 2 is arguably the most popular online multiplayer game of all time. I for one am very excited to see it return to Xbox One with the original engine! I'm sure millions of other people are as well.
---
Official Alt of Captain Skyhawk
1 year ago#64
CapwnD posted...
redeyes6778 posted...
What most people don't get is the reason that TLOU is rereleased on PS4 is for 360 gamers who never had the chance to play it last gen that have switched over to PS4 instead of X1, thus to them TLOU is a new game

yuk another one. I guess I don't relate to this swing group, probably because I always buy all the consoles.

There's no good reason to buy all the consoles when the overlap in games is so big, even compared to last gen. I mean unless you really really like Halo, of course.
1 year ago#65
scoobydoobydont posted...
CapwnD posted...
Have you played co-op? Or online with friends? I'm not a big online fan of Halo (I've played my share) but playing Co-op just really is an amazing fun time.

Yeah, I'm just not that into it. Only genre I actually enjoy MP in is racing really.

And I play only single player racing, would never play MP racing. Except we did have some fun with Fortza doing some dumb private match stuff playing tag with cars going the wrong way and stuff.

Do you play online racing because the single player isn't challenging enough? The rubber-banding and all that?

For me I play online games (non-co-op) because they're much different than the single player experience. I always thought mp racers were pretty much the same game whether it's single player or multiplayer, except the multiplayer would be much harder.
---
1 year ago#66
dnmt posted...
CapwnD posted...
redeyes6778 posted...

There's no good reason to buy all the consoles when the overlap in games is so big, even compared to last gen. I mean unless you really really like Halo, of course.

I guess. I play all my Multiplats on PC, for me I'm kind of wondering why I bought a PS4. It was the first console out in NA, so that was one reason. I had it preordered, looking forward to Driveclub.. that was another reason.

I intended to flip the PS4 for cash, but it was so long since new consoles, I opened it and played it
---
1 year ago#67
CapwnD posted...
I guess. I play all my Multiplats on PC, for me I'm kind of wondering why I bought a PS4. It was the first console out in NA, so that was one reason. I had it preordered, looking forward to Driveclub.. that was another reason.

I was kinda going towards this way of thinking. Starting to just buy all my games on PC. But things like uPlay and Origin pissed me off so bad I went back to consoles. The lack of a unified structure in which to play under in PC turns me off.
---
Official Alt of Captain Skyhawk
1 year ago#68
Brent_Celek posted...
CapwnD posted...

I was kinda going towards this way of thinking. Starting to just buy all my games on PC. But things like uPlay and Origin pissed me off so bad I went back to consoles. The lack of a unified structure in which to play under in PC turns me off.

Because of family also playing? That's what annoys me. It's only a hanful of games, but with Uplay and Origin, I sometimes can only play one single player campaign on one account. My son logs in on his Windows account and plays on another instance of Steam (different folders) and most games work fine, where we only need one steam account and one copy of the game. But crap like Splinter Cell and Hitman only allowed for one of us to play the game. On consoles this would not be an issue.
---
1 year ago#69
Well, I haven't touched a Halo game since Halo 2 back on the original XBOX, and I'd only gotten maybe two or three stages into it. So this is an instant purchase for me. My older brother and I will be catching up on this series and co-oping all of these games together.
1 year ago#70
CapwnD posted...
redeyes6778 posted...

not everyone is as rich as you to be able to buy multiple consoles,$400 is still a lot of money for a lot of people
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is the Master Chief collection $60? If so MS won E3 to me

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived