Did Microsoft succeed?

#1IzraeilPosted 6/9/2014 11:29:45 PM
Will the sales trend change after this E3 and into the holidays? - Results (166 votes)
Yes.
47.59% (79 votes)
No.
52.41% (87 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Sales will obviously increase during the Holidays for everything, but will the trend of XB1 getting outsold by a ratio of 2:1 or more month after month change?
I think that's something which will conclusively show who "won" E3.
#2Izraeil(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2014 11:54:13 PM
I think there clearly has been a change as after last year's E3, XB1 was losing every poll by a margin on 95%-5%.
#3spicyitalian739Posted 6/10/2014 12:31:59 AM
Just as a matter of strategy, Microsoft had to come out swinging to gain ground and Sony just had to hold their ground as the leader. They both achieved those points, which leads me to believe that the gap will lessen substantially, but Microsoft isn't yet in a position to overtake Sony.

I personally thought that Microsoft set a better tone with their conference which included far superior pacing than Sony. Having said that, neither conference showed any games that were totally unexpected or exciting. Microsoft didn't convince be to buy an Xbox One and Sony didn't convince me to unplug my PS3 and hook my PS4 back up any time soon. Hell, my most anticipated game is Persona 5 on PS3, followed by The Witcher 3 (on PC because PC), and then Super Smash Bros. and X on Wii U.

All of the supposed "Triple A" next-gen console games are either shameless rehashes, bland shooters, up-res'ed ports of last gen games, or complete and utter tripe. The only thing that Microsoft (and Sony) succeeded in doing was convince me that console gaming is dying a slow and painful death--more an exasperated and labored gurgling than a final gasp.

I'm done playing games I've already played. The industry can take their Halo collections and their "remastered" games that just came out a few months ago on PS3 and shove them up their... you know what.
---
PSN and Nintendo Network: FlyingWasabi
Xbox Live: Flying Wasabi
#4Tajaz2426Posted 6/10/2014 12:37:56 AM
Of course they did. Both console did what they set out to do and they will have more sales, because of E3.

They some great looking games and some games to look out for in the future, bud. I'm super stoked about my PS4 and getting my XBox One for Halo 5!
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#5dnmtPosted 6/10/2014 12:40:05 AM
Doubtful. MS' showing was merely ok, they needed a lot more than ok.
#6Izraeil(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 2:35:15 AM
I guess we'll find out come next NPD.
#7LapanuiPosted 6/10/2014 2:37:07 AM
I think they did a pretty good job. I don't know how it will affect sales, but they had a nice mixture of games.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#8pblimp360Posted 6/10/2014 2:37:19 AM
Wow...Look at the "No" votes. You just know it's the sad Ponies behind it smh
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#9BloodyDove2vsPosted 6/10/2014 2:38:13 AM
Izraeil posted...
I guess we'll find out come next NPD.

Case in point. Will the $399 either matter?
---
"the sourness of 720/900p resolutions" XB1M13 < shazbot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#10pblimp360Posted 6/10/2014 2:40:48 AM
I'm apparently ignoring 2 of the trolls who must be stirring to come back with some nonsense to spew.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved