Did Microsoft succeed?

#11Evel138Posted 6/10/2014 3:41:52 AM
I'm sitting through the topics here and on the PS4 board....getting messages from those that feel compelled to bring it there......and I'd have to say oh yeah.....big time.

There is definitely one brand of fanboy (the PlayStation fanboy) that is generally writhing in discomfort today.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 The Badguy
PS4360One
#12DroneCrusherPosted 6/10/2014 3:52:23 AM
Sony is gonna double up the Xbone here really soon. Which means there will be double the PS4s sold to Xbones, and I believe once Sony gets a 2:1 lead, they're going to keep it or extend it to a 3:1 and then onto a 4:1+
#13DroneCrusherPosted 6/10/2014 3:53:38 AM
The Xbone would be lucky to pass the Wii-U. If the Xbone ever passes even the Wii-U, then I will personally go out an buy one.
#14chedibang1994Posted 6/10/2014 3:57:06 AM
DroneCrusher posted...
Sony is gonna double up the Xbone here really soon. Which means there will be double the PS4s sold to Xbones, and I believe once Sony gets a 2:1 lead, they're going to keep it or extend it to a 3:1 and then onto a 4:1+

Ps4 ain't that good I see things slowing down for both as both were disappointing to know about 2015 games
---
Sony: Greatness Awaits!!!
Me: When!!!!Motha!!! *****!!!! I'm tired of waiting!!! I got $450!!! And don't say **** about multiplats that's my PC's job!!!
#15HighwayPilotPosted 6/10/2014 3:57:09 AM
I liked the MS games better than the Sony announcements, but PS4 is getting Bloodborne, and sadly they announced no new RPG's for Xbone.
#16InjusticeRebornPosted 6/10/2014 3:59:24 AM
Who knows.

I reckon MS have more of a chance at success compared to those who make it their mission to deflate the fun and enjoyment people are likely to be getting from their Xbox One consoles though.
---
"I love my PS4 but Sony could kick the fan-boys in the throat and they would call it a neck-massage." - a PS4 gamer
#17_RMT_Posted 6/10/2014 4:05:21 AM
only thing that would drive x1 sales a little is the halo collection but i'm pretty sure all the talk of how ps4 will get exclusive content and access to games 1st will almost cancel that out.

X1 still isn't catching up to the ps4 though. Best they can do is hope for 2nd place.
#18dnmtPosted 6/10/2014 4:23:04 AM
chedibang1994 posted...
DroneCrusher posted...

Ps4 ain't that good I see things slowing down for both as both were disappointing to know about 2015 games

Xbone sales have been dropping since Januray while PS4 sales have remained rock solid. The gap is in fact getting bigger by the day.
#19FistersaurusPosted 6/10/2014 4:31:16 AM
Did MS succeed? Yes, they will be getting more money from me this year. That's a success as far as I'm concerned. Really enjoyed their conference!
#20daniel79Posted 6/10/2014 4:37:01 AM
spicyitalian739 posted...
Just as a matter of strategy, Microsoft had to come out swinging to gain ground and Sony just had to hold their ground as the leader. They both achieved those points, which leads me to believe that the gap will lessen substantially, but Microsoft isn't yet in a position to overtake Sony.

I personally thought that Microsoft set a better tone with their conference which included far superior pacing than Sony. Having said that, neither conference showed any games that were totally unexpected or exciting. Microsoft didn't convince be to buy an Xbox One and Sony didn't convince me to unplug my PS3 and hook my PS4 back up any time soon. Hell, my most anticipated game is Persona 5 on PS3, followed by The Witcher 3 (on PC because PC), and then Super Smash Bros. and X on Wii U.

All of the supposed "Triple A" next-gen console games are either shameless rehashes, bland shooters, up-res'ed ports of last gen games, or complete and utter tripe. The only thing that Microsoft (and Sony) succeeded in doing was convince me that console gaming is dying a slow and painful death--more an exasperated and labored gurgling than a final gasp.

I'm done playing games I've already played. The industry can take their Halo collections and their "remastered" games that just came out a few months ago on PS3 and shove them up their... you know what.

While I agree with some of your points I have to say (After just hearing about it), I will be rebuying a Playstation 4 for Grand theft auto V.

Although the game was quite empty in certain parts, no one can argue that it is not the most glorious game to look at and play. A work of art and considering they got that on old hardware I can only imagine what it will look like with some updated hardware.

Can't wait for it, to be honest.