Lol sony some tv thing for 140 dollars. Xbox drops price already has tv built

#21NathanmgPosted 6/10/2014 6:21:01 AM
Rainy_David1 posted...
triple s posted...

I highly doubt you'll be able to play your PS4 games from a different network.

You could potentially do that. You can play PS4 games on a different network with Vita, so it wouldn't surprise me if you could do it with the TV version of Vita.

This, functionality wise it's a Vita for the TV.

Geist posted...
So what are these 1000 games you get? Are they free with purchase? And do you need the PS4 to use it?

I've not seen the conference yet so I lack context but as far as I was aware it's COMPATIBLE with 1000 games but you'd still need to pay for them via the normal means (purchase off playstation store).

I think you can plug vita cartridges straight into it.

As for PS4 usage it essentially works as a remote play device like the Vita does now, I'm assuming you wont be able to play PS3 games without one until PS Now releases.
#22MrSpaM111Posted 6/10/2014 6:27:35 AM
Geist posted...
So what are these 1000 games you get? Are they free with purchase?

Do you get every movie ever made for free when you buy a TV?

Seriously, what a dumb question
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#23MrImpatient35Posted 6/10/2014 6:31:24 AM
I still don't understand why people want remote play
I also don't understand why backwards compatibility is such a big deal.
---
FML
#24MurryEB_Alt1Posted 6/10/2014 6:43:16 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...

Convenience
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel
#25spacejamjordanzPosted 6/10/2014 6:53:12 AM
Actually I'm very interested in that. I always wanted access to Vita games, but never actually wanted to buy the handheld. I don't really do dedicated handhelds anymore so this works for me. Definitely picking it up. And it will make a good gift too.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#26GeistPosted 6/10/2014 6:56:53 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
Geist posted...

I'm sorry I had assumed with how excited Sony fans are over it, it was more then just a PS3 add on to the PS4.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#27TheGam3925Posted 6/10/2014 6:59:00 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...

Taking a little gadget that plays games and streams movies/tv shows to work, a hotel, a friends house, basically anywhere with an internet connection is far more practical than bringing a bulky console everywhere.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#28Tajaz2426Posted 6/10/2014 7:03:35 AM
Geist posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
Geist posted...

I'm sorry I had assumed with how excited Sony fans are over it, it was more then just a PS3 add on to the PS4.

It's not you can play all your vita games on it. If the wife is hogging the TV on you want a quick game laying in bed, you don't have too be the PS4, you can play it through the Vita TV.

I'm sure there will be other things you can do as well. Only time will tell. You shouldn't be upset about it, it sounds like a little cool piece of tech.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#29MurryEB_Alt1Posted 6/10/2014 7:06:10 AM
Tajaz2426 posted...
Geist posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
Geist posted...

It's not you can play all your vita games on it. If the wife is hogging the TV on you want a quick game laying in bed, you don't have too be the PS4, you can play it through the Vita TV.

I'm sure there will be other things you can do as well. Only time will tell. You shouldn't be upset about it, it sounds like a little cool piece of tech.

Trolls on top of Trolls on top of Trolls. We've got a troll of a troll trolling a troll here.
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel
#30ace_two_maxPosted 6/10/2014 7:08:51 AM
Rainy_David1 posted...
triple s posted...
GamerRaf posted...
chedibang1994 posted...
Good thing I got me a 1080p tv that I don't got to share or I would of waste that $99

Or maybe the portability of it is good for taking to a friends place. I sure as heck don't want to be carrying a PS4 everywhere.

I highly doubt you'll be able to play your PS4 games from a different network.

You could potentially do that. You can play PS4 games on a different network with Vita, so it wouldn't surprise me if you could do it with the TV version of Vita.

If anything you might get the Playstation Now but I doubt your Console in another house would come over, but then who says you can't stream PS4 games via Playstation TV?
---
You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead for your freedom, and your telling me your completely sane?!