Lol sony some tv thing for 140 dollars. Xbox drops price already has tv built

#51JuttooPosted 6/10/2014 7:47:41 AM(edited)
I have a 360 and the Xone, and will probably pick up the PSTV. It was the most interesting thing shown at E3 so far for me (CGI trailers for games that may or may not come out next year don't really excite me, everything else shown I already knew about and was excited for).

I don't have a PS3 or Vita, but always entertained the idea of getting a cheap one on ebay to play some of the exclusives. Now I can do that with the PSTV, and don't even need to buy the games, I can just rent them which is great. Plus I can use it as a video streaming device, which may be a little redundant because I mainly use my 360 for that; but it's smaller and easier to move/hookup, so I can throw it on any TV.

But yeah, I don't think you can bash Sony for the PSTV, was the most interesting thing they had for me.

edit: double negative fail
#52MlREFOXPosted 6/10/2014 7:48:17 AM
Juttoo posted...
I have a 360 and the Xone, and will probably pick up the PSTV. It was the most interesting thing shown at E3 so far for me (CGI trailers for games that may or may not come out next year don't really excite me, everything else shown I already knew about and was excited for).

I don't have a PS3 or Vita, but always entertained the idea of getting a cheap one on ebay to play some of the exclusives. Now I can do that with the PSTV, and don't even need to buy the games, I can just rent them which is great. Plus I can use it as a video streaming device, which may be a little redundant because I mainly use my 360 for that; but it's smaller and easier to move/hookup, so I can throw it on any TV.

But yeah, I don't think you can bash Sony for the PSTV, was the most interesting thing they had for me.

Plus you will be able to use Sony's best controller to date.
#53RybalPosted 6/10/2014 8:23:43 AM
MlREFOX posted...
Juttoo posted...

Not initially. To start, it's only compatible with the DS3, not the DS4.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#54SigarmzPosted 6/10/2014 8:49:47 AM
It's basically $99 for a ps4 you can setup anywhere plus a 1,000 games.
#5582xenoPosted 6/10/2014 8:55:33 AM
Rybal posted...
MlREFOX posted...
Juttoo posted...

Actually they already released an update to allow DS4 use in Japan. Pretty sure it will release as such.
---
Shwing
#56RybalPosted 6/10/2014 9:16:44 AM
82xeno posted...
Rybal posted...
MlREFOX posted...
Juttoo posted...

Actually they already released an update to allow DS4 use in Japan. Pretty sure it will release as such.

Sweet. Thanks for that update.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#57donttrysohardPosted 6/10/2014 3:00:30 PM
After doing a little research where do u see it can go anywhere.
I feel like it would need to be on the same network but I haven't confirmed either
Please help
---
GT: DontTrySoHard
BEST.AD.EVER - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCvIw7DMHXc
#58squidney2k1Posted 6/10/2014 3:07:13 PM
It basically lets you use the upcoming Playstation Now service....or play on a different TV without having to move your PS4.

I'm not impressed. I have a PS4. I don't need a PS TV. I can just move my console or use PS Now on my PS4 when it comes out. A lot of hype over a underwhelming peripheral.
---
Best games of last gen: Mass Effect series & Bioshock series \m/ (O_o) \m/
>o_o\> AMENO >o_o\>
#59SplatterHouse55Posted 6/10/2014 9:48:53 PM
I've been excited about the PSTV since it was first announced. I own a Vita, so it'll be nice to play some of those games on a TV, but what REALLY interests me about the device is that it functions as a 2nd PS4, practically fits in your pocket, and can be easily taken (and used) on any TV anywhere with an internet connection.

For me, it's use of PSNow is certainly a plus. I think it's awesome to so easily move around with all of the games tied to your account just about anywhere you want, at the drop of a hat.
---
Ever since I started working, every day has been worse than the last, so every time you see me it's the worst day of my life. - Office Space
#60gamefaqwatcherPosted 6/10/2014 11:37:46 PM
By tv has built in tv. No point getting either console since all i want is tv.
---
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.