How is Halo: Master Chief Collection only $60?

#11dnmtPosted 6/10/2014 7:38:57 AM(edited)
lilj812 posted...
Because people lost interest in Halo so MS went into full halo mode to try and sell consoles.

Won't work though, they'll stay in last place.

I've never seen a system rely on a single series of games so much.
#12sleepasylumPosted 6/10/2014 7:42:50 AM
But when you compare it to games like Tomb Raider Hair Edition and The Last of Us remake, it is just amazing how much content there is for $60.

Yes, there is a good deal of value for Halo enthusiasts but you cannot compare it to those two games. They are both fairly new releases and are still RRP at a fairly high price in comparison to those Halo titles. It is a nice collection but i feel the variety offered by The Orange Box was better.

How would this look:

The Orange Box 2:

HL 1 remastered - HL 2 Remastered with DLC - HL2 Death match - Portal 2

$60
#13crucialPosted 6/10/2014 7:47:57 AM
Orange Box aint got nothing on this collection,the replay value alone is worth 100 bucks or more,over 100 maps has me floored,wow,day one buy for sure,and Halo 5 beta to boot makes this the best value for a game ever.
#14cloudriveraPosted 6/10/2014 7:48:01 AM
sleepasylum posted...
But when you compare it to games like Tomb Raider Hair Edition and The Last of Us remake, it is just amazing how much content there is for $60.

Yes, there is a good deal of value for Halo enthusiasts but you cannot compare it to those two games. They are both fairly new releases and are still RRP at a fairly high price in comparison to those Halo titles. It is a nice collection but i feel the variety offered by The Orange Box was better.

How would this look:

The Orange Box 2:

$60

You do know Halo 4 is included right? That's as recent as Tomb Raider. Didn't they come out around the same time?
---
currently playing: http://www.comingsoon.net/nextraimages/gardenwarfare.jpg, http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1237924676-00.jpg
#15MaliciousMongoPosted 6/10/2014 8:01:24 AM
I'm confused about the collection.

Have the graphics been overhauled at all? Cuz if say, Halo 2, is literally the same game from the original XBOX but with a resolution and framerate bump, this drops my excitement down a bit.

Also, while I know alot people hate on it, it kinda sucks Reach isn't in this collection (yes I know it's the "Master Chief" collection) cuz I lost my copy.
---
Think of the allergies b4 you applaud. Next time, just sit there & stare blankly at a person to express your support of something. -Madigari on PS4 @ E3 '13
#16MrImpatient35Posted 6/10/2014 8:03:29 AM
It's only $60 TC? Seriously? I was expecting something like $100, with all that content. I'd buy it either way. I wanna get Halo 5, but I also need to get caught up on the story.
---
FML
#17triple sPosted 6/10/2014 8:04:17 AM
sleepasylum posted...

How would this look:

The Orange Box 2:

$60

Tomb Raider has four months on Halo 4.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#18SupaflyGibsonPosted 6/10/2014 8:05:16 AM
lilj812 posted...
Because people lost interest in Halo so MS went into full halo mode to try and sell consoles.

Won't work though, they'll stay in last place.

Why do you constantly comment against Halo when you've never really experienced it?
---
gt: For Spartaa
#19dnmtPosted 6/10/2014 8:05:17 AM
MaliciousMongo posted...

Have the graphics been overhauled at all? Cuz if say, Halo 2, is literally the same game from the original XBOX but with a resolution and framerate bump, this drops my excitement down a bit.

Also, while I know alot people hate on it, it kinda sucks Reach isn't in this collection (yes I know it's the "Master Chief" collection) cuz I lost my copy.

Halo 1 and 2 will be getting a slight make over. Halo 3 and 4 will just be getting the res/framerate bump you are talking about.
#20SupaflyGibsonPosted 6/10/2014 8:06:49 AM
MaliciousMongo posted...

The Halo 2 campaign and 10 multiplayer maps are being graphically remastered. Every Halo map can be played, they just aren't remastering all of them. This is an absolute steal for $60.
---
gt: For Spartaa