How is Halo: Master Chief Collection only $60?

#41VoidBeyondPosted 6/10/2014 10:11:49 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#42DerekRossPosted 6/10/2014 10:40:58 PM
Halo CEA and Halo 4 is $15 new now on 360. They gave Halo 3 away for free so it's worth nothing. $30 for Halo 2A sounds about right.
#43RPGspleasePosted 6/10/2014 10:46:34 PM
Problem is its not bungie doing it. I dont like what 343 has done with halo was really not impressed with 4 at all.
---
"Some of this is garbage, most is handheld, and most isn't even in ENGLISH. " Phaseslaethe on Japan's mediacreate numbers
#44VoidBeyondPosted 6/10/2014 10:52:33 PM
DerekRoss posted...
Halo CEA and Halo 4 is $15 new now on 360. They gave Halo 3 away for free so it's worth nothing. $30 for Halo 2A sounds about right.

$40 is the normal for HD remaster. And every cut scene is being redone by Blur (screenshots above)
CEA and Halo 4 are $15.
Halo 3 didn't give away it's DLC. 2, 3, and 4 all have their DLC maps included.

It's a great deal.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
#45Big FanPosted 6/10/2014 10:53:49 PM
RPGsplease posted...
Problem is its not bungie doing it. I dont like what 343 has done with halo was really not impressed with 4 at all.

That has nothing to do with it when the Bungie Halos (1-3) multi is untouched. Basically they're just adding Live functionality to CE. Halo 4 will be the only 343 multiplayer experience in that package
---
GT: Code XxX
Miami Dolphins
#46TheCyborgNinjaPosted 6/10/2014 11:10:43 PM
zerooo0 posted...
I think this should now be considered the greatest collection of all time.

Anything else is foolishness, I say!
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#47plus1zeroPosted 6/10/2014 11:23:44 PM
Even if the Xbox one had only the halo collection it'd still be better than the wii u library. 2 good games, 1 good remake, rest is meh
---
How do you know someone games on a PC? Don't worry, they'll tell you.
#48MVNeoPosted 6/10/2014 11:31:26 PM
zerooo0 posted...
I think this should now be considered the greatest collection of all time.

---
http://raptr.com/UNSCleric/about - http://www.last.fm/user/UNSCleric
http://gamercards.exophase.com/xbl/user/UNSCleric/
#49UtinilPosted 6/10/2014 11:38:45 PM
Jiggy, lets break down your post.

Jiggy101011 posted...
Holy hell that is a steal for the amount of content that is going to be in the game.

Halo CE: Anniversary

13 year old game

Halo 2: Anniversary (including the original MP, untouched)

10 year old game, with improved graphics. Though it is a great game.

Halo 3

7 year old game, honestly not as good as the first two

Halo 4

Only a 2 year old game, but by far the worst reviewed of the main series

Halo 5 beta

Yay, you get to pay for the right to play a broken version of a game and help them fix it, no thanks.

Halo: Nightfal

So a miniseries that we have no idea if it will be any good yet (we know the graphic quality will be good, but no idea on story, or length of each episode). Could be good, but nothing I would pay for without having seen at least a full episode first.

Mission playlist - You can have a customized playlist of all the missions found in HALO 1-4

Neat idea, but personally if I am going to sit down for an extended period and play missions, I would generally want to play a consecutive missions anyways.

100 multiplayer maps

Ok, those maps just count as part of the games, listing them twice doesn't really make it two points. If you are talking about the DLC maps, adding them in with a rerelease of a game is just common practice any more. Even rereleases on the same generation of console (GotY editions, etc) normally do this at no extra cost

Dedicated Servers

This is not something you are getting for the $60 price of the game. This is something you are getting with EVERY multiplayer game as the cost of the Xbox live account. Honestly it would be extremely shocking for it not to have this.

4,000 achievement points

What does this have to do with anything? Average game has 1000 points, this is 4 games. Microsoft could release a game tomorrow with no content and 1,000,000,000,000 achievement points, they mean nothing. A higher number does not show off that someone is a better player, only by looking at specific achievements can you judge.

Extra content like the terminals found in Halo CE Anniversary that will lead you into Halo 5.

Honestly I missed this part, going to have to research what exactly this is, could be good, could be boring, I just don't know.

Every game will run at 1080p/60fps

Since they have only announced a true remastering of Halo 2, you are barely going to notice any difference with the other games. Just because something is displayed in 1080p doesn't mean that the quality is any better than something in 720p. 1080p is capable of being better, but only if the content is designed for it.

Not only that but every game is running on its original engine, and like HALO CE Anniversary in Halo 2 you will be able to switch back and forth between the old engine and the new.

Ok, these games are ports, so basically they decided not to delete part of it and that is a feature?

Don't get me wrong, it is a great deal and I will absolutely be buying it, but it is FAR from the best deal of all time. "How is it only $60?" simple, outside of Halo 2's remaster it costs them next to nothing to make, there are a lot less people involved in doing this entire remaster than in releasing a new game.
#50FenriswolfPosted 6/11/2014 1:28:53 AM
lilj812 posted...
Because people lost interest in Halo so MS went into full halo mode to try and sell consoles.

Won't work though, they'll stay in last place.

How's Resistance doing? Oh wait Sony abandoned the franchise and shut down the servers

Or Killzone? Oh wait the franchise basically went downhill since KZ2 and Shadowfall came and went
---
Hello