I'm seriously thinking about moving to Xbox One.

#1pwnater777Posted 6/10/2014 9:19:34 AM
Yes, I realize, it seems to be a trend nowadays that someone who adopted one 8th gen console ends up selling for another. Basically, after yesterday, I'm thinking about doing the same by selling my PS4 for an X1. Can someone give me some info about the Kinectless bundle?

On PS4:

- I already have 2 years of PS+ that I could just use for PS3
- I was only impressed by three games from the PS4 conference, and I was really just hoping that E3 would show why I really wanted the console in the first place (it didn't).
- I've only got two games for it, neither of which I really play anymore
- Yesterday was the first day in weeks I've started the console, and that was just to realize that the PS@E3 app didn't work.

For Xbox One:
- I'm excited for the return of Crackdown
- the Halo Master Chief Collection is a huge draw for me
- Most of my gaming friends have already said that's where they'll be playing soon
- I need to renew my already 5-year gold membership soon anyways

Thanks for your help in advance!
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#2EvilTrashPosted 6/10/2014 9:21:14 AM
You're impressed by 3 PS4 games, then mentioned 2 XBO games, and say you are thinking of switching to XBO? There is frankly *no reason* for either console owner to make a switch. They are bringing out practically an identical number of games, and the majority of games you'll play will be multiplatform games anyway.
#3iamdanthamanPosted 6/10/2014 9:23:48 AM
This is exactly the reason why I don't jump into next gen consoles for at least a year, usually two.
---
All your base are belong to us
#4thegamer00Posted 6/10/2014 9:26:50 AM
All my friends are moving to Xbox One from 360 once Halo comes out.
#5pwnater777(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 9:28:39 AM
Basically, what I really want to know is what all comes in the $400 purchase. I heard Forza 5 was free, is it still? Or would I need to buy a game right then?
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
#6Juzten76Posted 6/10/2014 9:32:14 AM(edited)
I would keep the PS4 and just save up for an Xbox One so you eventually have both.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#7cmincPosted 6/10/2014 9:32:09 AM
I dont really know what to say that will help apart from the kinectless bundle being cheaper without kinect, man. It's a really solid console, my favorite ever.

If i can make a suggestion, though, get the kinect version. You can find it on ebay brand new and have it shipped for about the same price as the kinectless after tax. It makes multitasking that much cooler while enabling a crapload of other features that you dont really think will be as awesome and convenient as they really are.

By the time you factor in a game purchase, you can get the the kinect version and a game for the same price and if you dont like kinect you can simply unhook it and then sell it on ebay for about $150.

Dont sell yourself short, man. I didnt think i wanted kinect either, but it really is pretty cool.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | 1TB 128 MB Cache HD| Windows 8.1 | 360 | XB1
#8SexPantherPandaPosted 6/10/2014 9:32:54 AM
I bought a xbox one this morning after seeing the master chef collection. Only have had a wii-u this gen.
#9cheezedadadaPosted 6/10/2014 9:34:36 AM
Juzten76 posted...
I would keep the PS4 and just save up for an Xbox One so you eventually have both.

Yeah, that's my answer too. I know its the easy way out, but its definitely worth having both. I like the Xbox One more right now, but I wouldn't trade in the PS4.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and everything else. http://i.imgur.com/X8EbbyB.jpg?1 LOL Gamefaqs.
#10pwnater777(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 9:35:07 AM
cminc posted...
I dont really know what to say that will help apart from the kinectless bundle being cheaper without kinect, man. It's a really solid console, my favorite ever.

If i can make a suggestion, though, get the kinect version. You can find it on ebay brand new and have it shipped for about the same price as the kinectless after tax. It makes multitasking that much cooler while enabling a crapload of other features that you dont really think will be as awesome and convenient as they really are.

By the time you factor in a game purchase, you can get the the kinect version and a game for the same price and if you dont like kinect you can simply unhook it and then sell it on ebay for about $150.

Dont sell yourself short, man. I didnt think i wanted kinect either, but it really is pretty cool.

What I'd be doing is trading in my PS4 for the console, to take advantage of GameStop's trade-in deal.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."