Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give. I am really in the dark here. I am a 360/ Wii U owner that hasn't been really following the Xbox One at all until this week. I am considering getting one now that the price has dropped a bit, but what kind of differences should I expect with the kinnect-less Xbox One that was just released?
* Do I NEED a kinnect?
*Will I be missing out on any key features by NOT having the kinnect sensor?
*Has there been any news on if the kinnect will be sold individually now that it is seperate?
*Does anybody expect the kinect to gain any momentum (im guessing the reason they seperated it was due to it not being as important as they originally thought, but as I said im really in the dark)
*Games that you would recommend I should get first?
Thanks for your help. And I'm sorry if these are stupid questions.
I'm a casual gamer that enjoys all types of games and consoles.
1: No, you do not need it.(Makes things easier.) 2:Motion animation in Project Spark is pretty much it, for now. 3:Most likely will for people interested. 4:Maybe if they decided to go the VR route. Otherwise voice commands and hand control is really it.
am really in the dark here. I am a 360/ Wii U owner that hasn't been really following the Xbox One at all until this week. I am considering getting one now that the price has dropped a bit, but what kind of differences should I expect with the kinnect-less Xbox One that was just released?
* Do I NEED a kinnect?
The Kinect is good for voice controls, seamless recording, easy channel surfing, good for sports games, etc. It helps retain the value of the console if the Kinect does lose its luster. Nothing yet on it being sold separately. Xbox focuses on games, but I hope the developers don't give up on Kinect. Titanfall and Forza 5 are two games I own. I recommend them a lot.
Current Devices: Galaxy Note 3, iPad Mini, and Xbox One.
1) For the full Xbox experience, yes. You need it.
2) Yes, a lot of great, key features. Voice commands. Recording quick clips. Quickly jumping from game to app to whatever.
3) It will be sold separately. Kinect 2.0 for windows is currently 200 bucks. I'm sure the X1 Kinect will be less. MS stated they want you to get Kinect, but now you have the choice of when to get it.
4) "Gaining momentum" is iffy right now. However, Devs are still going to make games for it. The reason they dropped it was because they wanted to give the consumer a choice.... and more importantly to have a competing sku against the 399 PS4.
5) Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, Ryse, Killer Instinct, PvZ Garden Warfare. Make sure you download the two free games this month if you have Gold.