Do you think Destiny can thrive on Xbox One?

#1jon0592Posted 6/10/2014 12:50:34 PM
Destiny is by far my most anticipated game coming out, even as far out to the end of 2015. I've been following the game very closely with Bungie's weekly updates, the Destiny reddit, and youtubers covering Destiny news.

I am a little worried though - I'm on the Xbox One. I'm a little ticked off at the exclusive things set for PS4 players (public alpha, in-game content that is hopefully timed) but more than anything is the marketing campaign for Destiny on PS4. I plan to play this game for the long-haul (if Bungie supports the game like they claim they will) - so will I have a lesser experience because of a potentially smaller playerbase on the One? There's another shooter that a lot of people are clamoring about (myself included) - Halo. This leads to a pretty crowded shooter space if you include the new CoD and Battlefield.

I don't know, maybe I'm worrying over nothing. I'll gladly pick up a PS4 to play this game if I knew for certain that the community will be more active on the PS4.
#2iiTryhardPosted 6/10/2014 12:51:51 PM
i think halo will overshadow it unfortunately
---
Yeezus tour was LIFE CHANGING
#3Sniper_BrosefPosted 6/10/2014 12:52:25 PM
Honestly, the game looks bland. I hope I'm wrong because I want Bungie to succeed but it just doesn't seem to have anything going for it, to me.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#4scoobydoobydontPosted 6/10/2014 12:57:02 PM(edited)
I think it looks like s*** in general. Between Halo and Warframe (which is free), I think it has nothing to offer, and on Xbone at least it will flop hard. That isn't even factoring in beta and marketing.

edit: and thinking about it, PS4 has Planetside and Warframe too, so... unless the marketing is really good I think it is going to go pretty much like Titanfail in general.
---
http://i.imgur.com/MBPlg7Z.jpg
http://giant.gfycat.com/HomelyCluelessBat.gif
#5TreGoodaPosted 6/10/2014 12:54:43 PM
I think there will be plenty of support and you won't even notice not having level 1 reskinned guns exclusive to playstation. Plus you won't have to play with a garbage controller.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#6x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 6/10/2014 12:54:45 PM
The community will almost without a doubt be more active on the PS4. With that said I don't see you having much of an issue on the Xbox One. In the long term though it may become less populated in both systems and at that point you may notice it. No guarantees though and at worst you'll run into the same people some nights.
#7Ramsus082Posted 6/10/2014 12:56:15 PM
I haven't even seen a screenshot for Destiny yet. Probably going to pass, but the X1 version needs PC cross-play.
---
"I don't care about this information, but I wanted to let all of my peers know that I don't care, because I like the attention and validation" - You
#8Lord_Ka1nPosted 6/10/2014 12:58:55 PM
I just watched someone playing the alpha on the ps4 twitch thing.

Honestly, it looked like crap. It looked like a less colorful, bland, boring version of halo.
---
PSN - Lord_Ka1n
3DS FC - 2680-9921-1203 - Feel free to add, pm me so i can get you back
#9gala12Posted 6/10/2014 1:00:34 PM
I'm concerned about Destiny in general, I haven't been impressed at all from what I've seen.
---
Xbox One, Xbox 360, Gamertag: galamb
PS4, PS3, PSN: galamb
#10grampamurkedPosted 6/10/2014 1:03:09 PM
Yeah, new leaks & such have looked really bland. Also some parts look like clear halo rip offs. I'd expect some similarities but not straight cut n paste
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU