Do you think Destiny can thrive on Xbox One?

#31Mspaul09Posted 6/10/2014 3:28:07 PM
fuzzykuffs posted...
How can it have the more skilled players if they all prefer single player only games and half naked anime girls? Stereotypes are fun.

This made me lol.
As someone else pointed out, Bungie has an Xbox following so there's really no point in wowing that player base. The are working to convert the Sony players with the exclusive stuff. Most of which is timed exclusive, so we get it maybe a month later. The stuff that isn't timed will more than likely be skins or special weapon, in a game rumored to have more than a million weapons this accounts for naught. If the game lives up to even half the hype it will be a blast and have a huge player base on each system.
---
Gamertag: ZombiPenguin00
REVENGE SOLVES EVERYTHING
#32yiangaruuugaPosted 6/10/2014 4:39:16 PM
It will be more competitive on Xbox One since it's a shooter. The Xbox One has the better controller for shooters, and we'll see how PS4's and Microsoft Azure servers handle it. Of course the alpha is gonna look awful. It's called an alpha for a reason, which is the textures, graphics, and everything is super scaled down. It's just to test the core mechanics and functions of the game.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix | PSN: xFrostxPhoenix
GSU Comp Sci C/O 2015 | XB1;360;PS4;N64;SNES
#33MVNeoPosted 6/10/2014 5:22:11 PM
Given Bungie's track-record post 2007 I would not expect much post-release support. They've lost all my trust and respect after how they've acted post-Halo 3.
---
http://raptr.com/UNSCleric/about - http://www.last.fm/user/UNSCleric
http://gamercards.exophase.com/xbl/user/UNSCleric/
#34Laylow12Posted 6/10/2014 5:26:26 PM
uchihajuan176 posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
I think it looks like s*** in general. Between Halo and Warframe (which is free), I think it has nothing to offer, and on Xbone at least it will flop hard. That isn't even factoring in beta and marketing.

edit: and thinking about it, PS4 has Planetside and Warframe too, so... unless the marketing is really good I think it is going to go pretty much like Titanfail in general.

Titanfall didnt flop

Yes. Yes, it did.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#35popping4itPosted 6/10/2014 5:31:14 PM
apparently it will be 1080p on xb1 due to the recent update to the xb1 sdks.

any of the platform exclusive stuff is always pretty awful and the alpha / beta stuff just means the full game will be less of a spoiler.
---
whens mahvel?
#36McCartneyMartinPosted 6/10/2014 5:35:29 PM
The more they show, the worse it looks.
#37warz0r09Posted 6/10/2014 5:38:38 PM
well with that bundle with destiny its too obvious that ps4 will have bigger userbase.

I doubt it'll die out though on xbox one because of smaller user base, sure it still last a few years or more if the game is good.

IMO though i'm not impressed and I think its the most overhyped game I ever seen. I guess since its Bungie who made Halo, they are like gods now...
#38warz0r09Posted 6/10/2014 5:39:42 PM
Also don't be shocked if Destiny runs better on MS servers because they got better servers than sony...

Time will tell.
#39ThatLaoGuyPosted 6/10/2014 5:59:16 PM
destiny on xbone is like a chinese knockoff. Can't touch sony swag
---
If you want to see grown men online throw tantrums, visit the xbone board.
#40cmincPosted 6/10/2014 6:08:41 PM
popping4it posted...
apparently it will be 1080p on xb1 due to the recent update to the xb1 sdks.

any of the platform exclusive stuff is always pretty awful and the alpha / beta stuff just means the full game will be less of a spoiler.

Exactly. This pretending that there are entire chunks of game removed and specifically designed for one platform over another, regardless of who's getting it, is dumb. Especially when these things always amount to be as deep as '1% bonus to hit points and THREE 15 minute fetchquests that culminate with the unlocking of a weapon skin.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | 1TB 128 MB Cache HD| Windows 8.1 | 360 | XB1