Who is worse at relying on their biggest franchise? MS or Ninty?

#11gojin84Posted 6/10/2014 3:44:17 PM
Sony.

They realized whay a hit TLOU was and want people to buy it again. At least Halo 4 came out more than a year ago.
---
Posted with GameRaven 2.0.4
#12NewMoonShadowPosted 6/10/2014 3:44:38 PM
CRASS5000 posted...
when did people start using "ninty"?

Typing letters is hard work. They need to abbreviate as much as possible so their fingers don't fall off.

Anyway, Nintendo by far. Microsoft is more prone to paying third-parties not to publish on their competitors than relying solely on first-party material. Nintendo can't pay third-parties enough to get exclusive games, so they pretty much only get by on Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon.
#13NewMoonShadowPosted 6/10/2014 3:45:40 PM
gojin84 posted...
Sony.

They realized whay a hit TLOU was and want people to buy it again. At least Halo 4 came out more than a year ago.

Honestly, have people just never heard of "collector's editions" or "complete editions"? Re-releasing a game with all of its add-ons included has been a common practice since the PS2, at least.
#14Ramsus082Posted 6/10/2014 3:47:34 PM
regsantotomas posted...
I never understood why this is a problem in any way.

Final Fantasy XV, Halo 5, Uncharted 4, Mario Kart 8...

What does it matter. If there is an audience that wants to support these franchises then more power to them.

Opportunity cost, personally.
---
"I don't care about this information, but I wanted to let all of my peers know that I don't care, because I like the attention and validation" - You
#15oldhbk76Posted 6/10/2014 3:50:23 PM
Id say sony, the last of us was only released last year and already a remake
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: Wii U ID: steelwolf76 PSN:steelwolv76
#16iamdanthamanPosted 6/10/2014 3:52:00 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
gojin84 posted...
Sony.

Honestly, have people just never heard of "collector's editions" or "complete editions"? Re-releasing a game with all of its add-ons included has been a common practice since the PS2, at least.

OK, then why is doing the same thing with 4 games on the same disc a problem?
---
All your base are belong to us
#17-sylawatch-(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 3:58:59 PM
oldhbk76 posted...
Id say sony, the last of us was only released last year and already a remake

2 games so far isn't much.
---
I woke up like dih!
http://abload.de/img/1255ns2d.gif
#18NewMoonShadowPosted 6/10/2014 4:11:20 PM(edited)
iamdanthaman posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...
gojin84 posted...
Sony.

OK, then why is doing the same thing with 4 games on the same disc a problem?

... Nobody said it was...
#19-sylawatch-(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 5:41:31 PM
Bump
---
I woke up like dih!
http://abload.de/img/1255ns2d.gif
#20ace_two_maxPosted 6/10/2014 6:19:55 PM
iamdanthaman posted...
SnoicFactor posted...
Halo is worse because most of the games follow the same format. Mario is in racing games, platformers, party games, rpgs, sports games, etc. Most mario games are generally very well received as well.

Show me the Halo game that wasn't well received.

Well we take it easy then
Halo Wars.
---
You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead for your freedom, and your telling me your completely sane?!