Who is worse at relying on their biggest franchise? MS or Ninty?

#21art_of_the_killPosted 6/10/2014 6:27:02 PM
CRASS5000 posted...
when did people start using "ninty"?

Yeah, I hate that nickname too.
---
Assassin's Creed (yes, the first one) is one of my favorite games from Gen 7.
#22squidney2k1Posted 6/10/2014 6:36:35 PM
Nintendo is because it's almost an excuse to not even seek 3rd party support.
---
Best games of last gen: Mass Effect series & Bioshock series \m/ (O_o) \m/
>o_o\> AMENO >o_o\>
#23TheCyborgNinjaPosted 6/10/2014 7:14:06 PM
Nintendo.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#24-sylawatch-(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 9:53:33 PM
squidney2k1 posted...
Nintendo is because it's almost an excuse to not even seek 3rd party support.

http://i.minus.com/iHukXMzaOGfXX.gif
---
I woke up like dih!
http://abload.de/img/1255ns2d.gif
#25IzraeilPosted 6/10/2014 10:06:07 PM
Half of MS' first party sales last gen came from the 5 Halo games, which says a lot about relying on something too much, but it doesn't say as much as about 80% of nintendo's first party sales being from games with Mario in them.
In contrast Sony has a lot more IPs that sell good amounts, but none of them contributes more than 15-20% of the total sales.
#26CKnightPosted 6/10/2014 10:12:14 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
SnoicFactor posted...
Halo is worse because most of the games follow the same format. Mario is in racing games, platformers, party games, rpgs, sports games, etc. Most mario games are generally very well received as well.

The main games yeah. But not the spin-offs like the Olympics and Party games.

However, is there really that big of a difference between the NES Mario games and the NSMB Wii and Wii U games? 2D sidescrollers that barely did anything besides go back to NES gameplay, that's it. Some even have less levels than Super Mario World...

3D World is pretty fun and more impressive at least.

The new Zelda game looks promising, first time I've been heavily impressed by them in a while.

The new Zelda from what little we saw impressed me like the first time I saw Mario Galaxy.

Mario 3D world is good but I think Nintendo reached the highest peak with the Mario Galaxy games as far as Mario platformers go. Not sure how they can top that, maybe a true sequel to Mario 64. Which IMO Mario Sunshine never was.
#27toolman129Posted 6/10/2014 10:14:54 PM
Which is worse? Really?

2 of the big 3 have franchises with large enough fan bases to keep them relevant over generations.

How is this a bad thing again?

Oh right....
---
GT: NightlordHypn0s
PSN: Saakk
#28Robin_MaskPosted 6/10/2014 10:19:07 PM
CKnight posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
SnoicFactor posted...
Halo is worse because most of the games follow the same format. Mario is in racing games, platformers, party games, rpgs, sports games, etc. Most mario games are generally very well received as well.

The main games yeah. But not the spin-offs like the Olympics and Party games.

However, is there really that big of a difference between the NES Mario games and the NSMB Wii and Wii U games? 2D sidescrollers that barely did anything besides go back to NES gameplay, that's it. Some even have less levels than Super Mario World...

3D World is pretty fun and more impressive at least.

The new Zelda game looks promising, first time I've been heavily impressed by them in a while.

The new Zelda from what little we saw impressed me like the first time I saw Mario Galaxy.

Mario 3D world is good but I think Nintendo reached the highest peak with the Mario Galaxy games as far as Mario platformers go. Not sure how they can top that, maybe a true sequel to Mario 64. Which IMO Mario Sunshine never was.

True, even though I dislike SMG, it's still pretty amazing. I think vast expansive worlds like 64 was the best.
---
In X-Men: Days of Future Past, Iceman should have blocked since he gets no damage from beams while blocking.
#29AconformistPosted 6/10/2014 10:21:47 PM
Nintendo, no question. Their first party is the only thing keeping them afloat.
#30sandersjr_basicPosted 6/10/2014 10:23:15 PM
ace_two_max posted...
iamdanthaman posted...
SnoicFactor posted...

Show me the Halo game that wasn't well received.

Well we take it easy then
Halo Wars.

I would say just like Mario games, most of the Halo games were well received.
---
Even The Best Fall Down Sometimes