They want people to go all digital, yet they give no incentives.

#1rubberGasketPosted 6/10/2014 3:46:38 PM
You cannot pre-download. You miss out on special pre-order bonuses, whether it be in-game extras or gift cards. The price is the same with no possibility of resale. I just don't get it?
I want to go a digital, but other than convenience of accessibility to one's library. I really don't get Microsoft's logic.
---
If I don't reply to your post it's because I have you on my ignore list.
#2mmm_BabyBoyPosted 6/10/2014 4:04:05 PM
It's not just Microsoft. Yes, they are responsible for not having pre-downloads, but I'm sure that will come as soon as they take care of all higher priority things. But pre-order bonuses can still be offered by the publishers for downloads (as some are). Perhaps the complexity of the automation of including pre-order bonuses with pre-downloads is a big project, thus holding back the addition of this feature. I'm sure Microsoft will eventually get it all worked out some day.

I want to get the pre-order bonus for Farcry 4, but I'm also going all digital. I don't know why they don't say pre order bonus applies to first day/week download, but I wish they would. I don't get it either, but I blame Ubisoft.
#3LooksLikeRainPosted 6/10/2014 4:04:30 PM
Who is they?
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#4Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 6/10/2014 4:07:23 PM
Don't blame all of microsoft for what the few people at the xbox division do. I almost consider them two different companies
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."