Xbox one NEW BUYERS GUIDE

#1mrpicPosted 6/10/2014 4:55:12 PM(edited)
Welcome to XBOX ONE

#first things first you have to do some updates

after that you are going to have a little bit of game instillation time this can be anytime from 10 minutes to hours (apparently) if you have a slow internet connection, try to be patient its not ever this bad again

after that lets talk about what games to buy

(personally id buy in hind sight)

dead rising 3
forza
ryse
tomb raider
crimson dragon
killer instinct
powerstar golf
titanfall
trials fusion
plants versus zombies
murdered soul suspect

Games with gold

if you are new to xbox games with gold is basically 2 free games per month - if you download them they are yours as long as you have an xbox live gold membership.
you can download and delete these games from your hardrive as many times as you want and still receive no charge even after they go back on full sale again.
Fingers crossed the games improve on games with gold as imo spartan assault is poor and MAX curse of the brotherhood while fun is lacking depth enough for a replay.

(while some people may argue there are other great games on xbox one personally id only rent the others as they have either been letdowns or have just been only worthy of a quick rental)

KINECT
Kinect is a great piece of hardware to use for short cuts to anything on xbox one

do you want to watch your favorite tv show

say "xbox watch (channel of choice)"
its so responsive you will be stunned sometimes it wont pick up what you asked it to do 99% of the time this is because you gave it the wrong command however :p
"Xbox On" this will turn on your xbox (if you are using high power mode)
“Xbox, turn off” follow this command with "yes" and your console will switch off
“Xbox, go home” this sends you straight to your dashboard (what you were just doing will still be visible in the centre panel
"Xbox, go to (the app/game/ect you want to use)" this is great for quickly changing from one thing to another try saying "xbox go to twitch" then straight after say " xbox go to internet explorer" then again say "xbox go to (your favorite game) and your xbox will do it faster than literally anyone could manually with any other type of controller.
"Xbox, go back" this takes you back similar to pressing (b)
"Xbox, snap (the app/game/ect you want to use)"
"Xbox, unsnap" this closes the snapped window
"Xbox, switch" this switches your control from the snapped window to the main game/app/ect and back again

Additional notes about KINECT
Beware of lots of background noise this can cause your kinect to not hear your commands clearly.

XBOX LIVE

if you are new to xbox live welcome

xbox live can be the place for hours and hours of gaming and laughs or it can be filled with trolls and whiners, it truly is what you make of it,
if you want to have fun playing games do so if you don't want to have fun (trust me on this) there are plenty of people out there who can help satisfy that demand for you aswell,

Simply put xbox live is great but if you dont want to get into arguments with 12 year olds who may or may not claim to have carnal relations with your mother last night id advise avoiding the squeakers (widely used term for the younger generation of scallys who hurl abuse and scream obscenity down their mic's like their lives depend on it)

setting up xbox live is as simple as plugging in an Ethernet cable or accessing a wifi signal, if you are having trouble see below for the official microsoft website Address.

xbox.com/support
#2SiriusSternFanPosted 6/10/2014 5:21:51 PM
Why are you telling us this?

I bought it, took it out the box, hooked it up, plugged it in, and played.

THAT's about it.
---
Obama is a long-legged Mack Daddy
#3TheFeralWarriorPosted 6/10/2014 5:29:59 PM
I personally like this topic. I welcome anything that isn't resolution or console wars.
---
PSN: TheFeralMerc | GT: TheFeralWarrior
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE-at65LjDA
#4pblimp360Posted 6/10/2014 6:06:43 PM
TheFeralWarrior posted...
I personally like this topic. I welcome anything that isn't resolution or console wars.

Agreed.

I will say your words could've used capitalization and such though if you want this stickied TC.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#5Tajaz2426Posted 6/10/2014 6:09:11 PM
Pretty cool TC, a lot of good info. Maybe a sticky is needed, that way when I purchase mine for Halo 5, I can check it out.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#6TollyPosted 6/10/2014 6:09:49 PM
"Xbox, switch" - I was actually unaware of this voice command.
---
~~hats off to tubgurl~~
GT: TheDonkePunchr
#7scythe16Posted 6/10/2014 6:10:33 PM
Do people with the original Kinect X One have the ability to remove their Kinects now? Or is it still mandatory for them?
---
"Oh I get it, cute.You leave this pen here and people are supposed to think wait that looks like a dick."
#8langystarPosted 6/10/2014 6:14:36 PM
scythe16 posted...
Do people with the original Kinect X One have the ability to remove their Kinects now? Or is it still mandatory for them?

You could always remove your kinect
---
Blue Falcon Actual, Jimmy Amos
#9scythe16Posted 6/10/2014 6:25:21 PM
langystar posted...
scythe16 posted...

You could always remove your kinect

Ah, okay. I remember they said at one point you couldn't but then changed their minds I guess. I suppose the only thing people were whining about was having to shell out an extra 100 bucks for something they could have lived without.
---
"Oh I get it, cute.You leave this pen here and people are supposed to think wait that looks like a dick."
#10SiriusSternFanPosted 6/10/2014 8:20:13 PM
Looks like this "guide" didn't pan out, fella.
---
Obama is a long-legged Mack Daddy