Battlefield Hardline or Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare?

#1ghstbstrPosted 6/10/2014 6:32:47 PM(edited)
Which game are you getting? - Results (125 votes)
Battlefield Hardline.
24% (30 votes)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
31.2% (39 votes)
Both.
16% (20 votes)
Neither.
28.8% (36 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I have always been a Battlefield player. I have owned all of them and got premium on the ones that had it, but after playing some of the Battlefield Hardline Beta I am not happy with the cops and criminals thing.

After playing the BF Hardline Beta for awhile I get a Heat (movie) vibe from this game.
This could be a good or bad thing for the Battlefield series.
I am thinking maybe a bad thing, because I have always played the Battlefield games for the military aspect but now I am just not sure. They should have went with a mercenary type game instead.

Also the rounds of gameplay are way too short, as they only last between 5mins to maybe 10mins each. I am used to BF4 going between 25mins up to 50mins each round.
It seems like the Battlefield series is slowly turning into CoD.
If this is the way that the Battlefield series is going than I will miss the good old days of with military action.

Now with that said I have played a few of the Call of Duty games, and CoD4 was the best.
This new CoD: AW looks really good, and I am looking forward to that way more than BF Hardline.

I may still end up getting both games, but a I am not sure.

So what are your opinions?

---
Xbox360/One + PS3/4 + Wii U + PC = Awesomeness!!!
#2ElPolloDiablo87Posted 6/10/2014 6:36:01 PM
Neither. I was never really that fond of Battlefield and the way EA/DICE handled BF4 all but guarantees I won't buy another game in that franchise. CoD is okay but is getting pretty stale. I might pick it up if it does enough differently but as of now I'm leaning towards no.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#3demollyonPosted 6/10/2014 6:38:27 PM
I don't believe the words coming out of my mouth but CoD looked good.
#4aj4x94Posted 6/10/2014 6:43:37 PM
COD Advanced Warfare. I skipped Ghosts, so I don't mind getting back into the game, and it looks really cool so far.

And after BF4, I will not buy another BF game unless it's used, and well afte launch.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#5killerbasaPosted 6/10/2014 6:49:09 PM
I am a sucker for Cops vs. Robbers, but AW looks pretty good. I am definitely leaning toward BF due to being let down by CoD in the past. This might be the first BF I get on console instead of PC, unless I just decide to build a new PC before October.

I am going to wait on both. I need to see reviews and reception because BF4 was pretty bad initially.
#6wedgeskywalker9Posted 6/10/2014 6:51:12 PM
The Cod demo won me over, while the Battlefield demo just killed any interest I had.
---
Official Iron Man of C&GN
Host of the Marvel Universe Game: http://tinyurl.com/marvelug
#7Special-EddPosted 6/10/2014 6:51:29 PM
I'm also not super impressed with the beta either but it feels extremely limited. I'll probably give the full retail game a chance but as it stands I'm more excited for the new CoD.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#8XtremeWRATH360Posted 6/10/2014 6:53:41 PM
Battlefield does something different with Cops/Robbers and yet more people want to tack on Modern War again. Rinse and repeat
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#9aj4x94Posted 6/10/2014 6:54:21 PM
If I want cops and robbers, my bet is on Rainbow Six Seige. It's been way too long since Vegas.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#10motoraptorPosted 6/10/2014 6:55:28 PM
Hardline looks like a horizontal upgrade and I have never found the chaos of Battlefield to be enjoyable. Ghosts left a bad taste in my mouth and with Destiny and Halo it's time for me to abandon ship.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif