Feel like you should have been compensated for buying the X1/Kinect early?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Feel like you should have been compensated for buying the X1/Kinect early?
1 year ago#1
Okay, there's going to be trouble here...so, rather than come here and complain about us complaining, why not just leave this thread now.

If you don't, please don't complain about our complaining. You don't believe we are entitled to anything, some of us do. We're not going to change your minds, you're not going to change ours.

You've been warned.

I know I feel ripped off after the announcement of the Kinectless X1. I would have waited if Microsoft execs hadn't lied about the X1 and Kinect being inseparable.

So, I listened intently at all the E3 material I could find, waiting to hear what, if anything, Spencer might do for us.

I found nothing.

But, a buddy just called me, hysterically laughing (as I'm sure some of the readers here that I asked to leave are doing...). He said Spencer did give us something!!

What! What! I asked excitedly.

"Thank you" my buddy said, and continued to laugh as he told me to check my email for a link and hung up in my face.

Now my buddy is getting his shoulder sucker punched Friday when we go out for drinks--but, okay, I'll buy the first round.

Now if I only knew what bar Spencer frequented...

Start listening at about 1:50...

"..I just heard how our message resonated with people and some of the decisions that we made, that I think were actually the wrong decisions.." Phil S
1 year ago#2
Where do you people find the time for this???
Obama is a long-legged Mack Daddy
1 year ago#3
Haha, he said thanks for being screwed over!

Look these things happen man. With developers gainin g extra power for games, the Kinect is all, but a goner. Phil is not gonna say hey bud, the Kinect is done and piss off the 5 million Kinect owners, but it is done.

However, even know they said they would never have a Kinectless SKU and the Kinect is the heartbeat of the One, businesses have to make the right decisions to make money.

When they saw the NPD for April and it said 117k sold in all of NA, they didn't have a choice, but to go ahead. The 360 had never sold that low until this year.

You just can't be angry, bud.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
1 year ago#4
Nope, buyer beware. I use it for skyping, beats my laptop for my kids.
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
1 year ago#5
Hey its this topic again....

No. I love the Kinect. Even though I don't play kinect games.

Voice commands are worth every penny. saying Xbox Record that after a sick game winning no scope or flipping your car in forza 5 makes voice commands awesome.

Games like the new mass effect and Cod will more than likely have voice commands for your squads so again worth it.

Also Skype and Twitch. I enjoy broadcasting my pwnage. and skyping with a buddy while playing is fun to.

Again, i'll never play those stupid jump around you are the controller games but Kinect is pretty sweet in my books.
Not changing this sig until CJayC returns gamefaqs to its former glory!
1 year ago#6
I love my Kinect. You decided to buy it early and you knew exactly what you were getting. The people who bought it for the $400 are getting less value than you did and that's their decision.

Your decision was to buy it early Kinect and all. Nobody deserves any compensation. Everyone got exactly what they paid for.

End of story.
Posted with GameRaven 2.0.4
1 year ago#7
There was some rumor, or maybe it was actually true...I cant remember...something about the Kinect being available for Windows PC, and it was going to retail for 200$.

If they release it for 200$ separately from the console, that's suicide I think. Way too expensive to draw back those that paid 400$. At least to begin with. More would get it after a price drop of one or the other, or both I guess but that wont be for another year after it comes out as an accessory to the X1.
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5
1 year ago#8
First off the Kinect is still being sold.

And if MS compensates early adopters say with money, then those people essentially got a free Kinect which is valued roughly under $100.

If we get free games. Then MS is just throwing money away because the Kinect still has value.

If you want compensation than sale or trade the Kinect for something you want. I've them sale for $80.

If you want compensation and still want to keep the Kinect then that's just being greedy.
1 year ago#9
1 year ago#10
And of course some want to sale the Kinect and still get compensated for it.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Feel like you should have been compensated for buying the X1/Kinect early?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived