E3 2014: $399 Xbox Ones "Flying Off The Shelves" at GameStop

#1PizzatarianPosted 6/10/2014 9:01:26 PM
The $399 Xbox One went on sale yesterday at retailers worldwide, and GameStop is already seeing a boost in business as a result, according to senior vice president of merchandising Bob Puzon.

"They went on sale in GameStop yesterday; these things started to fly off the shelves," Puzon told GameSpot at E3 today in Los Angeles. "It's a huge win and a huge opportunity for us."

Though the $399 Xbox One may be the hot new item, Puzon pointed out that the $499 standard Xbox One is still "very vibrant" for GameStop.

The $399 Xbox One does not come with Kinect, but Microsoft will begin selling standalone cameras for the console later this year. Puzon said, "that'll be interesting to see how many of those folks come back and buy the Kinect."

Microsoft sold 3 million consoles in the two months following the system's release at the end of 2013. However, the company has not announced a new sales update so far in 2014, only saying the system has shipped, not sold, 5 million units to date.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2014-399-xbox-ones-flying-off-the-shelves-at-gamestop/1100-6420336/
---
"When you work with your hands you'll never be rich but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
#2AceviperPosted 6/10/2014 9:23:09 PM
$499 standard Xbox One is still "very vibrant" for GameStop.

PR fluff confirmed
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#3SearchmanV16Posted 6/10/2014 9:29:35 PM
What if I told you that I got the Kinect Xbox One the same day the new sku came out?
---
Current Devices: Galaxy Note 3, iPad Mini, and Xbox One.
#4toolman129Posted 6/10/2014 9:32:00 PM
Aceviper posted...
$499 standard Xbox One is still "very vibrant" for GameStop.

PR fluff confirmed

Not that it matters (i realise it does to you) but the xbox one is still being purchased.

A lot.
---
GT: NightlordHypn0s
PSN: Saakk
#5Pizzatarian(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 9:37:49 PM
SearchmanV16 posted...
What if I told you that I got the Kinect Xbox One the same day the new sku came out?

Personally, I would say that is pretty sweet and that you will have lots of fun with it too. I'm definitely glad that I bought it Day One, and I'm looking forward to all the great games (exclusives and multiplats) couple with all the features that will be added in the monthly system updates.
---
"When you work with your hands you'll never be rich but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
#6SearchmanV16Posted 6/10/2014 9:40:00 PM
Pizzatarian posted...
SearchmanV16 posted...

Personally, I would say that is pretty sweet and that you will have lots of fun with it too. I'm definitely glad that I bought it Day One, and I'm looking forward to all the great games (exclusives and multiplats) couple with all the features that will be added in the monthly system updates.

Thanks, so far it's awesome. Titanfall is great and consumes most of my gaming attention in the few hrs I played w/ my Xbox One. I am struggling w/ setting up a snap between my TV (NBA Finals mainly) w/ gaming though. I hope the Kinect still gets valuable support. EA Sports should since their games could benefit from a variety of things like play calling/setting up formations, calling timeouts, etc.
---
Current Devices: Galaxy Note 3, iPad Mini, and Xbox One.
#7Megamushroom666Posted 6/10/2014 9:40:34 PM
That corporate hype.
---
www.snackeroo.com
Carmina Burana: youtu.be/fUiEjLwZbTY
#8crucialPosted 6/11/2014 6:52:16 AM
Everyone but pony's knew it was going to sell well,most people who wanted it but have not bought it yet was because of Kinect now that is out of the way MS can release killer system sellers like Halo 1-4,sorry pony's but X1 is going to start selling,sucks to be a fanboy with such great games being released on all 3 consoles,have fun playing less then half the games released.