Argh, wii u or xbox one?!

#11userfrigginamePosted 6/10/2014 9:48:20 PM
PS4 and Xbox One seem like they're gonna have mostly the same library, like the PS3 and 360 did. I'd go with a Wii U for now, especially with its highly replayable games that you can play in between the big releases for PS4/Xbox One.
#12Demigod_ElessarPosted 6/10/2014 9:50:36 PM
You have to ask yourself, TC, which games appeal more to you?

With the Wii-U, you'll have access to Zelda, Mario Party, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Hyrule Warriors, Donkey Kong, etc. The Wii-U is also $100-200 cheaper than the Xbox One.

With the Xbox One, you'll have access to Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Crackdown, and many other multiplats that may not necessarily come out on the Wii-U.

Whichever one has the more games you'd rather play over the others, then I'd go for that console. As an owner of both, I am on my Xbox One much more than my Wii-U, but that is just my personal preference.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#13mike468Posted 6/10/2014 10:05:52 PM
I was planning on getting a Wii-U for Smash Brothers, but Zelda, Yoshi Wooly World and Splatoon really sold me on it.

There is a good chance I'll probably grab one before the week is over. Get the mario kart bundle and get an extra free game too, for $320. Seems to be a good deal IMO.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#14CapwnDPosted 6/10/2014 10:13:15 PM
N0Amn3sty posted...
If you have a 360 or PC, you can play just about every XBone game.

You could also play just about every PS4 game.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#15mokmuudPosted 6/10/2014 10:13:58 PM
Plus WiiU is fully backwards with Wii.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#16ethanpaigePosted 6/10/2014 10:17:55 PM
I'm really starting to feel good about getting a Wii U back in the day. Started off so slow, was essentially a Monster Hunter machine. Then 3D World, Pikmin, Wind Waker, Mario Kart, Yoshi, Bayonetta, Zelda, Smash Bros... It really is the perfect companion console.

That said, I have all 3 systems, and thats the best way to do it, but if you can only afford one, go with whatever system has the first party/exclusive games you prefer.

Still not sure why people like to beat up on the Wii U. Sure it's not a powerhouse, but its a fun little console with great games.
---
Boston Red Sox - 2013 World Series Champions | Sunbro for life!!!
psn: bosox327....XBL: E7H4N 360....3DS: 1848-1666-8730
#17ngoetzPosted 6/10/2014 10:35:07 PM
It really comes down to the games you prefer. I have all three system and probably play the PS4 (75%), Xbox One (%20), and the Wii U (5%).

I play the PS4 the most because I feel that it is the strongest system this generation. I play the Xbox One for all the exclusives. I almost never play the Wii U because I am not a fan of Nintendo exclusives, and it is by far the weakest system for non-exclusives. I am also personally sick of Mario games.

That being said, if you personally like Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, ect..) then you might want to get a Will U just for that reason.

With a PS4 / Wii U combination you will probably get a more diverse game selection.
With a PS4 / Xbox One combination you will you have two very powerful systems with a lot of awesome exclusives between the two systems. Both of these systems will also probably be around longer then the Wii U.
#18AceviperPosted 6/10/2014 10:40:53 PM
Wii U

many of the games from E3 are coming relatively soon

most of the games from E3 for the Xbone are very far off. You will likely get better bundles coming up by the time those games releases.
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#19EnclavePosted 6/10/2014 11:04:50 PM
You already own a PS4? Go Wii U. There's not enough difference between the PS4 and Xbone libraries to really warrant buying both. Least, not yet.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#20pblimp360Posted 6/10/2014 11:10:22 PM
Go for both man. As was said you can buy the Wii U off craigslist dirt cheap anyway and the $399 XB1 is a great deal. Hell, you can probably find that somewhere for a good price.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved