$399 xboxes flying off the shelves

#11Evel138Posted 6/11/2014 2:22:00 AM
Its just like I said:

Here we can pretend all day that the big issue has been that the PS4 has a slightly better pixel count, but in reality the real issue has been the price.

I like Kinect....have had a lot of fun with it.....but ultimately it was a mistake to include it by default if it meant having to be $100 more than the competition.

So now that the price is no longer an issue, it will all be about content , which MS brought it at E3. Not to say SONY didn't, but I find it hard pressed that anyone could say, presumably with a straight face, the MS didn't have a great conference (giving a compelling reason to own the system).
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 The Badguy
PS4360One
#12il_capitanoPosted 6/11/2014 2:25:16 AM
Wait a second, MS has yet to announce any official sales numbers for 2014? In June?

Talk about a desperate situation...
---
Farewell MGO, the first love will never be forgotten. 06/12/12
No to: season/online passes,on disc dlc,COD,EA,f2p,MMORPGs,MOBAs,streamers and YT celebrities.
#13slowdog76Posted 6/11/2014 2:36:21 AM
il_capitano posted...
Wait a second, MS has yet to announce any official sales numbers for 2014? In June?

Talk about a desperate situation...

haha. what?

the only folks that care about the sales figures (aside from MS themselves) are those that wont to point and laugh. I, personally, found it refreshing when all the "news" on the subject stopped. Not because of denial. Not because of some strange fanboy/ troll logic reason. Just because I don't care. All I and anyone in their right mind should care about: is it selling well enough to continue? one update in a blue moon will answer that. we don't need monthly reports
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#14nableetPosted 6/11/2014 2:38:52 AM
Evel138 posted...
Its just like I said:

Here we can pretend all day that the big issue has been that the PS4 has a slightly better pixel count, but in reality the real issue has been the price.

I like Kinect....have had a lot of fun with it.....but ultimately it was a mistake to include it by default if it meant having to be $100 more than the competition.

So now that the price is no longer an issue, it will all be about content , which MS brought it at E3. Not to say SONY didn't, but I find it hard pressed that anyone could say, presumably with a straight face, the MS didn't have a great conference (giving a compelling reason to own the system).

Lots of people, myself included, agreed that price was a huge issue. Especially with the reason for the price increase being solely at the door of the Kinect.

However.... There have been Titanfall bundles at $450 for a good while, which arguably offered better value to customers. So perhaps it is the removal of Kinect that has had more of an impact than the price? As who buys a $400 system but no games? (apart from me, but that is because I am being a big kid and getting games for my 28th :D)
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#15Evel138Posted 6/11/2014 2:50:54 AM
nableet posted...
Evel138 posted...
Its just like I said:

Lots of people, myself included, agreed that price was a huge issue. Especially with the reason for the price increase being solely at the door of the Kinect.

However.... There have been Titanfall bundles at $450 for a good while, which arguably offered better value to customers. So perhaps it is the removal of Kinect that has had more of an impact than the price? As who buys a $400 system but no games? (apart from me, but that is because I am being a big kid and getting games for my 28th :D)

"Value" isn't quite the same as base price (especially for those that see no value in owning TF), so $450 is still greater than $399. I do agree though that simply having the Kinect included has been a real bugaboo for some.....which I find hilarious considering there is an entire subculture of PS4 players that are using the PSeye via "The Playroom" to put there drug use, baby makers and a whole assortment of private matter on display for all to see.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 The Badguy
PS4360One
#16Jeh64Posted 6/11/2014 2:57:15 AM
Good to hear.
#17nableetPosted 6/11/2014 3:02:57 AM
Evel138 posted...
nableet posted...
Evel138 posted...
Its just like I said:

"Value" isn't quite the same as base price (especially for those that see no value in owning TF), so $450 is still greater than $399. I do agree though that simply having the Kinect included has been a real bugaboo for some.....which I find hilarious considering there is an entire subculture of PS4 players that are using the PSeye via "The Playroom" to put there drug use, baby makers and a whole assortment of private matter on display for all to see.

I agree, that's why I said "arguably" better value.

Does MS not have a version of the play room? I think that might be where they went wrong... Also, choice. People like it and crave it. Even if they would have chosen to buy what was forced... It's weird.

People like me, the anti-kinect Posse, wouldn't have bought a kinect, so forcing it on us is a no no. Just like I won't buy a PSeye.... Although streaming my pasty white behind twerking in my living room is sure tempting ;-)
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#18BeefEasterPosted 6/11/2014 3:23:58 AM
I keep hearing about this but there's no sales figures to back it up
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#19IzraeilPosted 6/11/2014 3:25:27 AM
BeefEaster posted...
I keep hearing about this but there's no sales figures to back it up

It looks like a joke article, especially since the guy says the $500 XB1 is still very vibrant.lol
#20gofghxgPosted 6/11/2014 3:42:00 AM
Xbox One has psychic Powers.
---
3DS FC: 2423-2224-4226
The starter Gym Leader of The Gamefaqs Region.