$399 xboxes flying off the shelves

#31AxleHeadXPosted 6/11/2014 5:16:29 AM
Unfortunately I still don't seeing Xbox One ever overtaking PS4 in sales, but I do hope that this spike in sales will result in Microsoft making a better effort with exclusives.
#32CarpetfluffPosted 6/11/2014 5:32:43 AM
Would have been interesting to see if the figures were different if they hadn't coincided the drop with E3 week. I'm sure I'll end up with one eventually, but still no reason yet.
#33Bellum_SacrumPosted 6/11/2014 5:43:14 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
Perhaps the Xbone can save itself from being dead last in the US The rest of the world may be a problem but only America matters am I right?

Because when you can't compete on a worldwide level, only your heavily biased and xenophobic home ground matters right?
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#34FenriswolfPosted 6/11/2014 5:45:25 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Perhaps the Xbone can save itself from being dead last in the US The rest of the world may be a problem but only America matters am I right?

Because when you can't compete on a worldwide level, only your heavily biased and xenophobic home ground matters right?

PS Vita says hi!
---
Hello
#35SaffronGhostPosted 6/11/2014 5:52:52 AM
"senior vice president of merchandising Bob Puzon" has no reason to be dishonest, right?
#36deathsaber79Posted 6/11/2014 6:30:33 AM
Well, gee of course theres going to be a spike in the day or two that follows a price drop.
I'm sure there will be an extra 50-100k sold in june or something from those waiting on some sort of price drop, but:

1. will it still be remotely enough to beat ps4 sales, which is currently seeing the biggest boost by far from monster sales of Watchdogs

and

2. come July/August, will the sales be any higher than they were in oh, March/April/May (when they should have been supposedly flying off the shelves due to Titanfall, aka The second coming of all gaming per every mainstream website since last E3)
#37LooksLikeRainPosted 6/11/2014 6:34:53 AM
TheGam3925 posted...

I guess I should be president of the Xbox division because I've said since the very beginning that the Kinect should be sold separately, but fanboys kept telling me that it will never happen lol, but whatever.

Out of all the posts here, this is the most butthurt by far.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#38TheGam3925Posted 6/11/2014 6:42:37 AM
LooksLikeRain posted...
TheGam3925 posted...

I guess I should be president of the Xbox division because I've said since the very beginning that the Kinect should be sold separately, but fanboys kept telling me that it will never happen lol, but whatever.

Out of all the posts here, this is the most butthurt by far.

Being right = Being butthurt now?

Haha!
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#39Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 6/11/2014 6:48:32 AM
il_capitano posted...
Wait a second, MS has yet to announce any official sales numbers for 2014? In June?

Talk about a desperate situation...

Just specific worldwide sold numbers but we know they are over 4 million sold. They're(MS) the ones who tend to give out their NPD numbers while you have to guess at what Sony did as far as numbers go. MS gave them out in April when they sold a little less than 120k in the US. Sony sold more(reportedly right under 200k) in April but both had big drop offs from the previous month.
#40crucialPosted 6/11/2014 6:49:25 AM
2 of the 4 GS in my town sold out with in hours and many going to pre orders,Halo 1-4 and the price drop has a lot to do with this of coarse,good for MS,all 3 consoles are looking good for the future of console gaming,more next gen consoles sold the more and better multi plats we will get and exclusives.