X1 great Halo 5 News: ARMOR ABILITIES WILL NOT BE BACK IN MULTIPLAYER

#1zerooo0Posted 6/11/2014 12:09:49 AM
http://n4g.com/news/1526866/halo-5-will-not-have-armour-abilities-confirms-343-industries

Personally I was never too bothered with them, but I guess Im in the minority on this. Glad to see 343i recognizes this, I cant wait to see what they show on Halo 5 in the future.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#2YumeOMiruPosted 6/11/2014 12:30:50 AM
:(
---
Having a dream is essential to live.
#3pblimp360Posted 6/11/2014 12:35:40 AM
I liked abilities though I suppose I was in the minority.

Anyway, they better bring it next year at E3 and beyond. We got pretty much nothing by way of visuals or details of Halo 5 at E3 this year and that left me disappointed on that front.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#4JusticeSwordPosted 6/11/2014 12:52:03 AM
How is this great news?
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#5MVNeoPosted 6/11/2014 12:59:08 AM
pblimp360 posted...
I liked abilities though I suppose I was in the minority.

Anyway, they better bring it next year at E3 and beyond. We got pretty much nothing by way of visuals or details of Halo 5 at E3 this year and that left me disappointed on that front.

Next year you want to see something? You're going to be PLAYING Halo 5 multiplayer it by the end of the year.
---
http://raptr.com/UNSCleric/about - http://www.last.fm/user/UNSCleric
http://gamercards.exophase.com/xbl/user/UNSCleric/
#6pblimp360Posted 6/11/2014 1:35:28 AM
Oh, I thought the beta was likely being opened next year. Cool.

I still want more on engine details and an idea of the story.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#7squidney2k1Posted 6/11/2014 1:37:27 AM
JusticeSword posted...
How is this great news?

Because a very vocal majority of gamers did not like the armor abilities. They were seen as a "bail out" button available to gamers who could overpower a more skill and better armed opponent. Most of the hate revolved around the Armor Lock ability which was a panic button that turned the tide because the user was given a slight melee and attack advantage due to lag on the deactivation (their attack was queued and started before iframes wore off). A 100% damage immunity button that turned into a "turn the tide at 1% health to gain an unfair advantage" button.

The ability to have armor lock or cloak at any time led to a lot of slow-paced, cheap corner camping tactics, and made a few modes unplayable. So much that custom playlist restricting them became more popular than some official ranked modes.

It's good that it's gone.
---
Best games of last gen: Mass Effect series & Bioshock series \m/ (O_o) \m/
>o_o\> AMENO >o_o\>
#8metroidman92Posted 6/11/2014 1:40:04 AM
squidney2k1 posted...
JusticeSword posted...
How is this great news?

Because a very vocal majority of gamers did not like the armor abilities. They were seen as a "bail out" button available to gamers who could overpower a more skill and better armed opponent. Most of the hate revolved around the Armor Lock ability which was a panic button that turned the tide because the user was given a slight melee and attack advantage due to lag on the deactivation (their attack was queued and started before iframes wore off). A 100% damage immunity button that turned into a "turn the tide at 1% health to gain an unfair advantage" button.

The ability to have armor lock or cloak at any time led to a lot of slow-paced, cheap corner camping tactics, and made a few modes unplayable. So much that custom playlist restricting them became more popular than some official ranked modes.

So because Reach f-ed up at launch, subsequent games were ruined? Halo 4 seemed to play just fine.
---
Now go drink 'til it feels like you did the right thing.
My name is Oberyn Martell. You killed my sister, prepare to die.
#9gofghxgPosted 6/11/2014 4:37:09 AM
squidney2k1 posted...
JusticeSword posted...
How is this great news?

What if they only kept Active Camo, Sprint, and Evade? Maybe Jet Pack?
---
3DS FC: 2423-2224-4226
The starter Gym Leader of The Gamefaqs Region.
#10GladiatorDangerPosted 6/11/2014 4:59:35 AM
Great so another reason to not look forward to Halo 5? Armour abilities were awesome.