343 Confirms Halo 5 Multiplayer is going back to its roots and no more loadout!

#1LEGEND_KILLERRRPosted 6/11/2014 1:11:58 AM
http://www.examiner.com/article/halo-5-multiplayer-ditching-loadouts-will-return-to-competitive-arena-play

no more call of duty inspired
no more loadouts

going back to the original cooperative arena multiplayer
---
XBO/PSN- RPGFan1985 Day 1- NHL 15, The Evil Within, Dragon Age, Destiny, Alien Isolation, Diablo 3, Madden 15, Sunset Overdrive, Shadow Of Mordor, WWE 2K15 More
#2AltiarLioPosted 6/11/2014 1:15:06 AM
That's a shame, halo 4 was my favourite multiplayer game until titanfall came out.

Oh well, looks like I'll be avoiding halo again until another halo reach style game.
---
Founding member of the GameFAQS Trillionares club.
Adapt or Die. GT: Tyron3L1o
#3nableetPosted 6/11/2014 1:18:22 AM
Good news. There are great ways to keep it fresh without loadouts and other stuff that doesn't belong in Halo.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#4LEGEND_KILLERRR(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 1:21:18 AM(edited)
AltiarLio posted...
That's a shame, halo 4 was my favourite multiplayer game until titanfall came out.

Oh well, looks like I'll be avoiding halo again until another halo reach style game.

you must have grown up in a call of duty...days... sad you kids will never know the pleasures of a fun cooperative study paced multiplayer game

well maybe you will. halo 2 was one of the best

call of duty run around in circles hoping to see someones backside.
---
XBO/PSN- RPGFan1985 Day 1- NHL 15, The Evil Within, Dragon Age, Destiny, Alien Isolation, Diablo 3, Madden 15, Sunset Overdrive, Shadow Of Mordor, WWE 2K15 More
#5AltiarLioPosted 6/11/2014 1:26:59 AM
LEGEND_KILLERRR posted...
AltiarLio posted...

you must have grown up in a call of duty...days... sad you kids will never know the pleasures of a fun cooperative study paced multiplayer game

well maybe you will. halo 2 was one of the best

call of duty run around in circles hoping to see someones backside.

Cod has better MP than halo before 4.

And no, I've been playing games since the gameboy (pokemon blue represent) and original Xbox was the first console I bought with my own money, hated halo since then and always thought it was the fps for kids lol but reach changed that.
---
Founding member of the GameFAQS Trillionares club.
Adapt or Die. GT: Tyron3L1o
#6Spetsnaz420Posted 6/11/2014 1:42:57 AM
Good... My buddy was showing me Halo 4 a couple years ago and as much as I'm not a fan of the series... I was like WTH did they do to the MP?

It was all people running around or camping with DMRs

They're called DMRs in that right?
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#7schmarkenheimerPosted 6/11/2014 2:07:15 AM
Good.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#8ace_two_maxPosted 6/11/2014 5:12:23 AM
So.... no choice in the matter? No freedom?
---
You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead for your freedom, and your telling me your completely sane?!
#9omega1110Posted 6/11/2014 5:52:47 AM
I like having loadouts and armor abilites it makes Halo play differently than both the older Halos and COD. After reading the article I am hopeful that they will return in Halo 5, the article said that "Arena" multiplayer would not have loadouts or armor abilities not that there were taken out of the games entirely. There could be more than one type of multiplayer area in Halo 5. If they were out of the game completely the design director could have said so more plainly.

I also think there are enough players who like armor abilites, ordinance drops, and loadouts to warrant them being in Halo 5. Most of the time I play Halo 4 its in the mode will all of that stuff active (infinity slayer) and not slayer pro. If the majority of players wanted to play Slayer Pro wouldn't they vote for it more often?
---
Playing games isn't a hobby, its a way of life.
#10BiggyDXPosted 6/11/2014 5:58:54 AM
Is a Sprint option that gamebreaking to Halo?
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX