343 Confirms Halo 5 Multiplayer is going back to its roots and no more loadout!

#41darkshadowmasterPosted 6/11/2014 10:43:19 AM
grampamurked posted...
I liked the loadouts. Kept people from camping weapons

Same.

I actually didn't mind the loadouts. I just didn't like the addition of killstreaks increased gameplay speed.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#42UnknownToasterPosted 6/11/2014 10:46:36 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Rainbow Six is one of my all time favorites, also Ghost Recon. But they weren't at the Halo/COD level in terms of online populace.

Actually they were, Halo 3 suffered a quick decline in players that flocked to it from the Rainbow Series and went back to Rainbow.

The Rainbow series was immensely popular.
---
IS COLD, OH NO, SUCH WINTER, MUCH SOON, WOW! SNOW!
So Games, Much Thrones, Wow!
#43mike468Posted 6/11/2014 10:47:47 AM
I must have been one of the few that actually did the loadouts in Halo 4. I think they over thought some of it though. I hated the power ups from Halo 3 more.

I just hope spartan customization returns, I really like the feature..
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#44VoidBeyondPosted 6/11/2014 10:48:20 AM
grampamurked posted...
I liked the loadouts. Kept people from camping weapons

That's what the l33t call "map control"
Remember, everyone, if you manage to get a power weapon and stay in one place with it, it isn't camping. It is map control.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
#45cory1225Posted 6/11/2014 11:18:20 AM
UnknownToaster posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
Rainbow Six is one of my all time favorites, also Ghost Recon. But they weren't at the Halo/COD level in terms of online populace.

Actually they were, Halo 3 suffered a quick decline in players that flocked to it from the Rainbow Series and went back to Rainbow.

The Rainbow series was immensely popular.

Yep, It was Rainbow six Vegas 1, Cod 4, Gear of war 1, and halo 3, All the games were packed with players for the longest time.
---
Currently playing : Watch_Dogs, Borderlands 2 "Vita" and Kingdom Hearts
#46sonicteam2k1Posted 6/11/2014 11:28:31 AM
LEGEND_KILLERRR posted...
AltiarLio posted...
That's a shame, halo 4 was my favourite multiplayer game until titanfall came out.

Oh well, looks like I'll be avoiding halo again until another halo reach style game.

you must have grown up in a call of duty...days... sad you kids will never know the pleasures of a fun cooperative study paced multiplayer game

well maybe you will. halo 2 was one of the best

call of duty run around in circles hoping to see someones backside.

I personally grew up playing Wolf 3D, DOOM, Perfect Dark and Duke Nukem, and I really enjoyed Halo 4 MP more than 1 and 3. Halo 2 is king though. So it has nothing to do with growing up in the call of duty days, it's about liking what you like.
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#47characterz3roPosted 6/11/2014 11:39:33 AM
Is a Sprint option that gamebreaking to Halo?

I think sprint should stay and overshield and invisibility. The rest can be canned.
#48BlackFeathersPosted 6/11/2014 11:41:44 AM
LEGEND_KILLERRR posted...
http://www.examiner.com/article/halo-5-multiplayer-ditching-loadouts-will-return-to-competitive-arena-play

no more call of duty inspired
no more loadouts

going back to the original cooperative arena multiplayer

Welp... Time to get and XBONE!!! I just hope there's a new gears game or something
---
Please come with me to Rainbow Land where Unicorns are made of Fudge and Cotton Candy and everything is FREE!!! - The Campaign
#49CMX5Posted 6/11/2014 11:44:54 AM
Awesome. That's pretty much sealed the deal for me.
---
PSN/XBL-CMX5
Batman:Arkham Knight. Destiny. Alien:Isolation. CoD:A.W. Far Cry 4. BFH. BATTLEFRONT. Mortal Kombat X. Halo:MCC. Crackdown 3. The hype is crazy.