What is the mass appeal of Sunset Overdrive?

#1grampamurkedPosted 6/11/2014 6:41:21 AM
I think it looks ok. Very colorful & spiffy with a unique twist on an open world game.

Having said that the gameplay is a complete turn off for me. Grinding on rails and flying around the map on power lines & such just seems too far over the top. The way you traverse the map is a real turn off.
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#2pblimp360Posted 6/11/2014 6:42:41 AM
Uh oh...The downplaying of this game begins. First the trolls stir it up because they don't have it and sheep follow in line smdh
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#3axelfooley2k5Posted 6/11/2014 6:44:02 AM
insomniac went back to games that look fun again

it looks like a good game

people will always hype a game that is exclusive
are you new here?
#4grampamurked(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 6:44:18 AM
pblimp360 posted...
Uh oh...The downplaying of this game begins. First the trolls stir it up because they don't have it and sheep follow in line smdh

Or someone just has a different opinion than you lol
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#5SuperSuikodenPosted 6/11/2014 6:46:29 AM(edited)
I usually I don't like this type of games but honestly this game looks extremely fun and colourful. And the graphics not too realistic nor too cartoonish, IMO, they did just right.
---
Xbox|Steam: Call Me A Hero
http://raptr.com/Call_Me_A_Hero
#6AltiarLioPosted 6/11/2014 6:48:55 AM
Being a game that's actually fun.

SRIV was probably my GOTY last year because it was just a fun game in every aspect.

Titanfall and Watch dogs are like that too, that gameplay and what you can do is fun.

More games should be fun and not too serious.

Fun games are good games.
---
Founding member of the GameFAQS Trillionares club.
Adapt or Die. GT: Tyron3L1o
#7nableetPosted 6/11/2014 6:50:21 AM
Is it an open world game? I just watched a 10 min youtube video of "night defence", and it seems more of an "arena" type game? Or do you go around an open world but the missions place restrictions on you?

I don't know whether it was the player or what, but I didn't see the appeal. The video of the guy playing on the E3 stage was pretty cool, but it just seems too mindless? A blast with friends, no doubt, but by myself? I'm not so sure.

I need to see more, not sure what to think atm.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#8streamjumperPosted 6/11/2014 6:50:23 AM
Constant, crazy action with almost no concern for realism whatsoever and the occasional winking nod at standard videogame conventions is the appeal.

As for not really getting it; I'd say that mirrors my inability to understand the fun in the driving in gigantic circles really fast that summarizes most racing games. All I really need to understand is that other people like it enough to keep making them.
---
Darwin, set the Wayback Machine...
#9MrSpaM111Posted 6/11/2014 6:53:14 AM
The appeal for a lot of people unfortunately is the fact that it's not on Playstation

It looks like a good game, but it will inevitably jump on the 'exclusive' hype train like Titanfall did. It will be touted as the game that 'saves XBox One', even though it doesn't really need 'saving' in the first place, and it will also be crowned 'Best next gen game ever' until the next Xbox Console exclusive comes along.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#10pblimp360Posted 6/11/2014 6:58:20 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
The appeal for a lot of people unfortunately is the fact that it's not on Playstation

Just as the lack of appeal will be because it's supposedly nothing special and not on Playstation.

The game looks great. Period. It's not a savior of anything, it's just gonna be one fun as game that gamers should celebrate. The clowns still trying to pretend Titanfall is worthless do gamers a disservice.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved