What is the mass appeal of Sunset Overdrive?

#11SixStringHeroPosted 6/11/2014 6:58:51 AM
The hype comes from the pedigree of the studio behind it. Insomniac creates the most unique and fun weapons to use in their games.

The game looks incredibly different from any other game play we have been shown for the new gen. Insomniac has been yet to disappoint me and I have enjoyed all of their games with the exception of the first Resistance, and that might have been due to me not being in the mood for a shooter at the time when I tried it out.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#12DyingPancakePosted 6/11/2014 7:02:13 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
The appeal for a lot of people unfortunately is the fact that it's not on Playstation

It looks like a good game, but it will inevitably jump on the 'exclusive' hype train like Titanfall did. It will be touted as the game that 'saves XBox One', even though it doesn't really need 'saving' in the first place, and it will also be crowned 'Best next gen game ever' until the next Xbox Console exclusive comes along.

True, but you see that happening more and more anyways regardless of what game or system it is

I saw someone the other day say BloodBorne is shaping up to be one of the greatest games ever created. And that was only after seeing a 2 min. cgi trailer.
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 1
#13grampamurked(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 7:02:53 AM
SixStringHero posted...
The hype comes from the pedigree of the studio behind it. Insomniac creates the most unique and fun weapons to use in their games.

The game looks incredibly different from any other game play we have been shown for the new gen. Insomniac has been yet to disappoint me and I have enjoyed all of their games with the exception of the first Resistance, and that might have been due to me not being in the mood for a shooter at the time when I tried it out.

The first Resistance was my favorite and the 3rd was awful imo. I didn't care for Fuse either.
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#14harrisonosirrahPosted 6/11/2014 7:04:03 AM
grampamurked posted...
pblimp360 posted...
Uh oh...The downplaying of this game begins. First the trolls stir it up because they don't have it and sheep follow in line smdh

Or someone just has a different opinion than you lol

When I read this reply I imagined grampamurked pooping himself out joy while audibly saying "lol" in a Prof. Fink voice.
#15MrImpatient35Posted 6/11/2014 7:06:29 AM
grampamurked posted...
I think it looks ok. Very colorful & spiffy with a unique twist on an open world game.

Having said that the gameplay is a complete turn off for me. Grinding on rails and flying around the map on power lines & such just seems too far over the top. The way you traverse the map is a real turn off.

The over the top aspect of it is mainly why I like it. I like wild, zany games that could never happen in real life, like Crackdown. And it's Insomniac, so you know the weapons will be crazy and fun, just like in the Ratchet and Clank series. And the traversal is another part of the reason why it looks fun. It's kinda like Jet Set Radio + Mirror's Edge + Tony Hawk. I'm more shocked at people who DON'T like it.
---
"It's not my fault that your album went double garbage-bag."
#16SyphonFilterAddictPosted 6/11/2014 7:06:52 AM
I own both consoles, but it is hilarious how smaller indie looking games were the rage at launch last year, but now they are lame. MS shows all games from beginning to end, yet they lose the conference just because they didn't show multiplatform games even though both consoles are getting the games. These boards are absolutely spastic.
---
What?! No one dashy-dine on Stavros!
#17pblimp360Posted 6/11/2014 7:10:04 AM
SyphonFilterAddict posted...
I own both consoles, but it is hilarious how smaller indie looking games were the rage at launch last year, but now they are lame. MS shows all games from beginning to end, yet they lose the conference just because they didn't show multiplatform games even though both consoles are getting the games. These boards are absolutely spastic.

Seriously.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#18MrImpatient35Posted 6/11/2014 7:12:12 AM
pblimp360 posted...
SyphonFilterAddict posted...

Seriously.

Exactly
---
"It's not my fault that your album went double garbage-bag."
#19Rancid_SkankPosted 6/11/2014 7:14:28 AM
It looks fun, and very reminiscent of Jet Set radio in terms of movement, with lashings of Dead Rising and Crackdown.

What's not to like?
---
GT: RancidSkank
PSN: Rancid_UK
#20Reflex-ArcPosted 6/11/2014 7:18:38 AM
Well, it looks fun.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard