What is the mass appeal of Sunset Overdrive?

#31nableetPosted 6/11/2014 6:57:20 AM
pblimp360 posted...
RuinerEraser posted...
It looks like a fun rachet and clank with open world and crazy guns. How could you not like this? Haters gonna hate.

Because it's not on the Playstation. Plain and simple.

Ok, so you love it purely because it is not on Playstation. You don't really have an opinion, your blind loyalty to MS is causing you to like the game.... Or, different people like different things?
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#32kingofjamaicaPosted 6/11/2014 6:58:41 AM
RuinerEraser posted...
It looks like a fun rachet and clank with open world and crazy guns. How could you not like this? Haters gonna hate.

Because I hate the "attitude" the game has. I'd hate it if it were PS4 exclusive too.

That and the gameplay looks pretty meh. Game needs to be sped up by at least 50% if they're going for that style of gameplay. It's just too slow right now.

Either way, their decision to make it a wacky and crazy game with so much "attitude", makes me fear for the future of Insomniac games. If this is the game they've always wanted to make, then why are their older games way better?
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#33phoenix9291Posted 6/11/2014 7:02:49 AM
I have zero interest in it. Similar to dead rising, it just doesn't do anything for me. I would maybe play it if it became a GwG game later on but I still don't see myself spending more than a half hour on it before turning it off.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#34AbstraktProfSC2Posted 6/11/2014 7:05:43 AM
for some reason, i miss the days of pre-message boards. When I went to cheatcc for codes. and none of my friends hated nintendo or sega or playstation or xbox just because they didnt have one. but they seemed to enjoy what they had
---
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/Abstrakt1/fullnxe/card.png http://i.imgur.com/IpQzE.png
#35GuiltySoul2005Posted 6/11/2014 7:08:20 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#36CrysianiaPosted 6/11/2014 7:09:18 AM
i just hope its a good change for insomniac because they went from being one of the best developers in the world to kidna mediocre, hopefully this brings them back to the top again.
#37cheezedadadaPosted 6/11/2014 7:10:46 AM
AbstraktProfSC2 posted...
for some reason, i miss the days of pre-message boards. When I went to cheatcc for codes. and none of my friends hated nintendo or sega or playstation or xbox just because they didnt have one. but they seemed to enjoy what they had

The redeeming value of message boards is that you get to see some funny moments though. If you make a mental note of some names of people making fun of others for overhyping it, you will most likely recognize those same names on other forums overhyping games based off screenshots or rumors. Its hilarious.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and everything else. http://i.imgur.com/X8EbbyB.jpg?1 LOL Gamefaqs.
#38fleadog2Posted 6/11/2014 7:12:40 AM
I believe it will be a fun game to play but its no savior of xbox one.
AbstraktProfSC2 posted...

---
GT: Chuckles21z
#39regsantotomasPosted 6/11/2014 7:12:51 AM
No game is going to resonate with everybody and certainly if the vibrant colors and mechanics don't appeal to you then this game isn't going to be for you.

I think the very properties that the TC mentions is why this original IP is getting so much positive vibe. It's not surprising that people aren't a bit tired of the dreary zombie game and lighthearted take may be exactly what is called for.

The generally positive track record of the developer doesn't hurt either.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#40zxghostravenxzPosted 6/11/2014 7:13:14 AM
I think it looks fun because it breaks away from all the realistic appeal that too many games these days try to take on. It looks zany, fun, and just simply over the top unrealistic, which in my opinion will make it enjoyable.
---
Why settle for 2 birds with one stone, when you can get a whole bunch with one hand grenade GT: zxGhostRavenxz
FC: 0877-0470-0429