The Fan Boyism is Strong in Todays Poll.

#41Laylow12Posted 6/11/2014 10:24:38 AM
shawnmck posted...
Laylow12 posted...
shawnmck posted...
gamefaqs has always been a stronghold for Nintendo fanboys.

Besides, its just a poll...its not that big of a deal.

It tells you who won the fans over. How could it not be a big deal?!

^ gamefaqs isn't representative of the entire industry as a whole.
Its no different than Edge magazine conducting a poll, or some other site. Its just representative of that site as a whole.
Just because a majority of gamefaqs posters preferred Nintendo's conference doesn't make it universal. If it did, then the Wii-U wouldn't be struggling, now would it ?

You're comparing two different things. Going by your standard, that means MS also had a bad conference, since their sales are less than 50% of the PS4s at the time of the presentation.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#42shawnmckPosted 6/11/2014 10:25:27 AM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Yeah it's funny because after each conference all random commentators said Microsoft's was concise vibrant etc. Sony's was dry as dust and Nintendo's just seemed too safe..... On these boards you would think it's the exact opposite of reality.

^ I personally agree with that.
Microsoft had a better presentation overall because it was streamlined and the pacing was great...though I personally didn't find any of the games appealing.
Sony's presentation was noticeably rougher and the pacing was poor...but it had more games that appealed to me personally.
Nintendo's presentation was short but sweet, but it didn't do anything particularly great nor bad. And its games appeal obviously to the fans of that console.

But in the end the decision is going to rest predominately on the showing of games, and as such gamers are going to have a differing opinion because their tastes & preferences are varied.
Whereas the overall gaming media looks also at presentation, which is why Microsoft was considered the overall best of the show.
But gamers themselves will focus on the games, and not so much on presentation.

Ultimately, sales are going to determine the victor...and nothing else.
#43Laylow12Posted 6/11/2014 10:30:07 AM
LotrMorgoth posted...

I'm genuinely curious on how you think judging E3 presentation are related to what console you had when you were a child. I go back to odyssey/Atari 2600/400/800 days. Judging by that information, can you tell before E3 who I'm going to vote for?

Maybe before, but now that Hawthorne effect is known, I cannot

Haha, you're a pretty intellectual person. I think you know your original argument holds no water. Let's say somebody who never played games before but found an old ColecoVison at a yard sale and wants a new system. Who won E3 for her?

Hawthorne effect, gotta love that one. \m/ ^_^ \m/

---
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#44shawnmckPosted 6/11/2014 10:31:17 AM
Laylow12 posted...
shawnmck posted...
Laylow12 posted...
shawnmck posted...

Its no different than Edge magazine conducting a poll, or some other site. Its just representative of that site as a whole.
Just because a majority of gamefaqs posters preferred Nintendo's conference doesn't make it universal. If it did, then the Wii-U wouldn't be struggling, now would it ?

You're comparing two different things. Going by your standard, that means MS also had a bad conference, since their sales are less than 50% of the PS4s at the time of the presentation.

^ No, you're perspective is all skewed.
What I'm saying is that there are two points of view...One is the perspective of the presentation (which Microsoft clearly won)...but also on the perspective of the games themselves, which is going to vary depending on people's tastes and preferences.
Nintendo fans consider Nintendo the best of the show because they liked the games better.
Just like some consider Sony having the better showing because they liked the games that Sony presented.
And then you have those that liked Microsoft because the games MS showed appealed to them more.
Boil it all down, and it comes down to the games presented.

And you add to that the fact that gamefaqs is a much bigger percentage of Nintendo fans, and you get the poll results that we did.

It's really not that big of a deal, but you refuse to let it go.
gamefaqs users are an extremely small percentage of the total amount of gamers.
You are in a minority, but you refuse to acknowledge it.
#45LotrMorgothPosted 6/11/2014 10:32:55 AM(edited)
you think the idea that the overall pattern favoring the more established hardware developers is crazy?

Edit: and to answer your question did that person llike/dislike that system and to what degree and to wheat degree did they find the new systems similar/dissimilar to it?
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
#46shawnmckPosted 6/11/2014 10:39:02 AM(edited)
The way I see it, its not that much different then when a game (take your pick) gets a "Game of the Year" nomination or award.
It's not going to matter much at all, except for the fans of that particular game. Those who do were going to buy the game anyway. Anyone not planning to buy the game isn't going to all of a sudden buy the game just because it was nominated or won "GotY" award.

Ultimately, who won the best show in a poll isn't going to matter to jack-squat.
Whether you are a Sony fan, a Microsoft fan, or a Nintendo fan...you are going to buy games for that particular console no matter what. And, you are most likely going to consider the company that displayed the games that appeal to you personally as the winner.

It's all subjective.
#47Laylow12Posted 6/11/2014 10:42:44 AM(edited)
shawnmck posted...
Laylow12 posted...
shawnmck posted...
Laylow12 posted...
shawnmck posted...

^ No, you're perspective is all skewed.
What I'm saying is that there are two points of view...One is the perspective of the presentation (which Microsoft clearly won)...but also on the perspective of the games themselves, which is going to vary depending on people's tastes and preferences.
Nintendo fans consider Nintendo the best of the show because they liked the games better.
Just like some consider Sony having the better showing because they liked the games that Sony presented.
And then you have those that liked Microsoft because the games MS showed appealed to them more.
Boil it all down, and it comes down to the games presented.

And you add to that the fact that gamefaqs is a much bigger percentage of Nintendo fans, and you get the poll results that we did.

It's really not that big of a deal, but you refuse to let it go.
gamefaqs users are an extremely small percentage of the total amount of gamers.
You are in a minority, but you refuse to acknowledge it.

Those two points are pure bollocks, expressing your bias in the former and conjecture in the latter. The poll results are ip restricted and represent the opinion of a WORLD-WIDE sample. That's right, GameFaQs is global. We're not sampling Romper Room and getting Nintendo on top and Sony second place with Microsoft a very distant third place. Microsoft lost the conference and pretty badly too, by the looks of the poll.

---
#48PsychoDrama1Posted 6/11/2014 10:41:30 AM
With all the dumb Sony and Nintendo fanboys, you think some people on these boards would try and look a little less childish. Some of you are acting so rabid...its really creepy.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#49shawnmckPosted 6/11/2014 10:46:32 AM
Laylow12 posted...

Those two points are pure bollocks, expressing your bias in the former and conjecture in the latter. The poll results are ip restricted and represent the opinion of a WORLD-WIDE sample. That's right GameFaQs is global. We're not sampling Romper Room and getting Nintendo on top and Sony second place with Microsoft a very distant third place. Microsoft lost the conference and pretty badly too by the looks of the poll.

^ I never said that gamefaqs wasn't global.
But regardless, the total number of gamefaqs posters is dwarfed by the total number of gamers.
Not every person who plays video-games is also a member of gamefaqs.
You are extremely arrogant and in denial if you think gamefaqs is a sizable percentage of the overall numbers of people that play video-games.
And the fact remains that the number of Nintendo fans outnumber that of Sony fans and Microsoft fans.

And I NEVER said that Microsoft lost.
I am saying that its totally subjective.

You need to work on your reading comprehensive skills, and at the same time get over yourself.
You =/= all of gamefaqs
#50shawnmckPosted 6/11/2014 10:53:43 AM
So far, the total number of votes in the poll is 16,536.
And that is gamefaqs users globally.
If you think that is representative of the total numbers of gamers world-wide, then you are in denial.

There are literally multiple millions of gamers, yet so far gamefaqs can only muster up 16,536 votes.
And you wonder why I say its "not that big of a deal"..?