It's the parity clause gone?

#11javin_dude88Posted 6/11/2014 11:03:52 AM
I'm guessing they've realized that lots of developers are not gonna care. So they're probably making exceptions for games they want on their system, while still hoping they can bully as many developers as possible into following it.
#12CapwnDPosted 6/11/2014 11:05:54 AM
There were similar policies last gen. It gives them the right to refuse, it doesn't mean they will refuse.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#13LooksLikeRainPosted 6/11/2014 11:06:37 AM
_Doomguy_ posted...
RuinerEraser posted...
Ok what the hell is a parity clause? Santa's arch nemisis?

If you're gonna release an indie game it either has to be on Xbox one first or at the same time as any other platform. You won't be able to do it after its already on any other platform.

Only if you're in the id@xbox program. Indie devs who have publishers are not affected by the clause.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#14Dev445Posted 6/11/2014 11:17:02 AM
RuinerEraser posted...

I Lol'D I had no idea what it was either
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#15bob15xPosted 6/11/2014 11:20:34 AM
LooksLikeRain posted...
_Doomguy_ posted...
RuinerEraser posted...

If you're gonna release an indie game it either has to be on Xbox one first or at the same time as any other platform. You won't be able to do it after its already on any other platform.

Only if you're in the id@xbox program. Indie devs who have publishers are not affected by the clause.

probably because MS is giving them free machines
#16CovenantPosted 6/11/2014 11:57:23 AM
LooksLikeRain posted...
Indie devs who have publishers are not affected by the clause.

Yeah, indie devs who aren't indie devs are not affected by the clause.
#17squidney2k1Posted 6/11/2014 11:59:37 AM
No Man's Sky, Oddworld, Hotline Miami 2, and Broforce are all coming to the Xbox One, despite coming to the PS4 first as timed exclusives.....so yeah, I'd say the "parity clause" is gone. ^_^
---
Best games of last gen: Mass Effect series & Bioshock series \m/ (O_o) \m/
>o_o\> AMENO >o_o\>
#18cheezedadadaPosted 6/11/2014 12:05:24 PM
squidney2k1 posted...
No Man's Sky, Oddworld, Hotline Miami 2, and Broforce are all coming to the Xbox One, despite coming to the PS4 first as timed exclusives.....so yeah, I'd say the "parity clause" is gone. ^_^

Wait..Xbox One is getting Broforce? I knew it was coming to PS4/Vita, but I didn't hear about the Xbox One release yet. I already have it on PC, but I would definitely buy it again.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and everything else. http://i.imgur.com/X8EbbyB.jpg?1 LOL Gamefaqs.
#19pblimp360Posted 6/11/2014 12:06:09 PM
RuinerEraser posted...

XD
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#20squidney2k1Posted 6/11/2014 12:11:03 PM
cheezedadada posted...
squidney2k1 posted...

Wait..Xbox One is getting Broforce? I knew it was coming to PS4/Vita, but I didn't hear about the Xbox One release yet. I already have it on PC, but I would definitely buy it again.

Been rumored for a while. And all of those indie games during Sony's E3 were announced as "making their console debut first" on PS4, which is basically timed exclusive. They've already said they wanted to bring it to PS4 and X1, but pissed people off when they admittedly passed on PS3 and Xbox 360.
---
Best games of last gen: Mass Effect series & Bioshock series \m/ (O_o) \m/
>o_o\> AMENO >o_o\>