My Xbox One keeps turning itself back on as soon as I turn it off.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. My Xbox One keeps turning itself back on as soon as I turn it off.
1 year ago#1
Ok, this is seriously driving me insane. Whenever I turn my XB1 off, within a minute it will turn itself back on. I have disabled Kinect voice commands and it still does it. I have held the power button and rebooted, still the same thing. It even happens when I completely power it down instead of standby mode. The only solution is to remove the power cord from the back. Is there anything I can do? Is my XB1 possessed? Thanks for any help.
1 year ago#2
You're going to want to call Microsoft and place the Xbox in a room with garlic and a cross over the entrance.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall
1 year ago#3
"your not done yet Jeremy. Its time to save the princess"
---
Currently Playing : Watch Dogs,WildStar, and Mario Kart 8
Looking Forward To: Destiny, Smash Bros, The Order 1886, and ScaleBound
1 year ago#4
If you turn off the X1 by holding the power button on the console (basically doing a reboot) while your controller is on... it will turn your console back on.

I had that problem once. Maybe that's it?
---
Always O.G.
1 year ago#5
RuinerEraser posted...
You're going to want to call Microsoft and place the Xbox in a room with garlic and a cross over the entrance.

Haha I've thought about calling a priest.

I was seriously nervous it was gonna power back up, after I unplugged the power cord. I was prepared to crap myself.
(edited 0 seconds ago)
1 year ago#6
Maverick_Reznor posted...
"your not done yet Jeremy. Its time to save the princess"

"Just one more achievement, Jeremy. You only need three more headshots."
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and everything else. http://i.imgur.com/X8EbbyB.jpg?1 LOL Gamefaqs.
1 year ago#7
The power of Christ compels you
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
1 year ago#8
It's not the controller, that was off. I have like 3 other systems within close range to it, could the infrared signals from those be interfering in some way? Then again, it's been in the same spot and this has never happened before.
(edited 0 seconds ago)
1 year ago#9
How do you prepare to crap yourself? If I thought crapping my pants was a possible outcome I'd just empty the chamber or on the throne in standby mode. Seems easier than preparing to soil myself.
1 year ago#10
Really?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. My Xbox One keeps turning itself back on as soon as I turn it off.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived