What the hell did Microsoft do this time ?

#161Darth StalinPosted 6/12/2014 1:51:01 AM
Shinobi120 posted...
demollyon posted...
Lord_Ka1n posted...
It's about what they did LAST time. You think people are just going to forget about that?

People forgot about Sony's BS, though.

Google has really dreadful policies, yet no one cares.

It's just cool to hate on MS.

What Sony did with the PS3 ($599 U.S. Dollars) is nowhere near close of what Microsoft tried to do to gamers & average consumers by having them be online every 24 hours like they're criminals with Xbox One. Or trying to do away with used games.

What is so criminal about that? Steam is always online and you can't get used games....Its not as big of a deal as people were making it out to be. In this day and age, you have to google the features of a game before you buy it used since they all seem to come with extras if you buy it new (like dlc, etc). The same people that said the X1 at $499.99 were most likely defending the $599.99 price.

Fanboys will always protect their preferred console.
---
XBL Tag- Cruxis Mithos | PSN - Cruxis_Mithos
Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PS3.... Will get a Wii U when SSB comes out.
#162RuinerEraserPosted 6/12/2014 1:58:55 AM
Tolly posted...
RuinerEraser posted...
They endorsed the genocide of whales and dolphins. A risky move in my opinion.

Very risky. But will it pay off?

Well we all know Sega won the sea with the eco series and Sega is a well known Nintendo fanboy , so I see the angle they are trying to play.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall
#163Spetsnaz420Posted 6/12/2014 2:01:51 AM
Pizzatarian posted...
mokmuud posted...
That's my point. You're arguing your opinions against facts. Multi plats will perform better on PS4 unless the dev intentionally gimps it.

Yes, games will run better on the PS4; we know that. However, you seem to be neglecting his point, which is that some people will still prefer playing multiplats on other platforms for a variety of reasons; for example, so they can play with their friends, the exclusives, the controller, the OS, the online services etc.

Then perhaps rain shouldn't have claimed they would play better based on an opinion... One that works both ways
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#164Darth StalinPosted 6/12/2014 2:14:49 AM(edited)
SoulTrapper posted...
Pizzatarian posted...

Sure, in the US. However, in Canada, the PS4 is $449, which suggest that your statement is not true for all regions.

There are more pricing differences in other countries as well.

I took the price of the US version for ease of use and because it's the general price that is used in most comparisons.

Darth Stalin posted...

Of course they have not been "shown" yet, since the change was recently implemented. It is a fact that a portion of the X1's capability was reserved for the Kinect, and this has been released. And quite a few developers have been able to confirm the improvement in performance.

That's my point: so far, we still have no evidence that there are xbox one version of multiplat games that run better than their ps4 counter parts.

Is this an advantage for the X1 vs. PS4? No, but the change has undeniably increased performance. Most of the arguments for PS4 games running better have been attributed solely to the proven advantage to the PS4 on resolution and fps. Now for Destiny to be able to run at the same resolution and fps on X1 and PS4, there is no clear advantage on the PS4 until it can be judged at release apart from speculation.

Well, that's not true.
The reason people use the fps/resolution thing is because it's the only objective way to show that the ps4 version runs better.

There are xbox fanboys here who keep insisting that screen tear and crushed blacks somehow make for a better version.

At the end of the day my point remains the same. It is too early to say which system will have the better looking version.

Well, no, the ps4 still has the better versions.
What will happen in the future isn't relevant right now.

And still you missed the point. I did not say the X1 version will look better. Like I said the PS4 multiplats that have better versions are due to advantages in resolution and fps. The lack in performance in the X1 performance mostly came from Kinect which has been addressed. My point is that the game is not out yet so it is too early to say which one will look better.

And as for the future not being relevant now. The increase in performance is from removing the kinect bottleneck has already happened....and you are the other who is implying that a game that has not yet been released will look better on PS4. To say that the PS4 version will look better now is pure speculation not matter how you slice it. Anyway, to h*** with this, I'm out.
---
XBL Tag- Cruxis Mithos | PSN - Cruxis_Mithos
Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PS3.... Will get a Wii U when SSB comes out.
#165SoulTrapperPosted 6/12/2014 2:31:33 AM
Darth Stalin posted...

And still you missed the point. I did not say the X1 version will look better. Like I said the PS4 multiplats that have better versions are due to advantages in resolution and fps. The lack in performance in the X1 performance mostly came from Kinect which has been addressed. My point is that the game is not out yet so it is too early to say which one will look better.

It isn't just fps and resolution.

Xbox versions suffer from more screen tear and crushed blacks as well.

The issues weren't just caused by kinect, the GPU in the xbox is simply less powerful.

And as for the future not being relevant now. The increase in performance is from removing the kinect bottleneck has already happened....and you are the other who is implying that a game that has not yet been released will look better on PS4. To say that the PS4 version will look better now is pure speculation not matter how you slice it. Anyway, to h*** with this, I'm out.

And to say that it won't is pure speculation as well.

What we know so far, is that all multi platform games run better on ps4.
That's all.
#166LooksLikeRainPosted 6/12/2014 8:57:05 AM(edited)
Soultrapper has to be trolling. That's the only explanation.

"The only objective comparison that can possibly be made, is between the hardware and the pricing.

The only objective conclusion that can be made, is that the ps4 is, objectively, superior."

That conclusion doesn't make sense and I don't know how you're reaching it. I'll try to help though since you're having a hard time.

This is how that statement should read:

"The only objective comparison that can possibly be made, is between the hardware and the pricing.

The only objective conclusion that can be made, is that the ps4 has, objectively, superior hardware."

Console superiority is subjective, and that's a fact. If you want to pick and choose which features to compare so you can get those goalposts right where you want them, that's on you.

The PS4s "massive power" is absolutely worthless if it doesn't have games I want to play or if the controller is going to hinder my experience playing multiplats, or any other reasons.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That's what makes it impossible for one console to be objectively better than another when you factor in all they have to offer. The PS4 is objectively better in one single area, but guess what, theres many other areas to consider when rating a console.
---

Hatred outlives the hateful.
#167cmdrdreddPosted 6/12/2014 9:07:07 AM(edited)
One thing will never change...the ps4 has a stronger GPU and they are leveraging the gpgpu compute abilities early with the SDK. There will always be games that are only on Xbox though. Halo, forza, sunset overdrive.

The only solution is to have both and decide which controller you want to play destiny, assassins creed, battlefield, or CoD with because the most dramatic differences in graphics and such is from first party titles and some exclusives.
---
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf
#168nameless0101Posted 6/12/2014 10:45:41 AM
PlaystationTV is currently sitting just above the highest XboxOne in Amazon's best sellers.

I'm sure it won't stay that way but it's entertaining none the less.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag DeludedFool
PSN Name also DeludedFool
#169kcypher2000Posted 6/12/2014 10:51:31 AM
Pizzatarian posted...
mokmuud posted...
That's my point. You're arguing your opinions against facts. Multi plats will perform better on PS4 unless the dev intentionally gimps it.

Yes, games will run better on the PS4; we know that. However, you seem to be neglecting his point, which is that some people will still prefer playing multiplats on other platforms for a variety of reasons; for example, so they can play with their friends, the exclusives, the controller, the OS, the online services etc.

What i find odd is that ponies are obsessed with 1080p compared to xbox but then say it doesnt matter when ps4 is less. Meanin resolution doesnt matter to them to begin with.

Then in the next breath they say graphics dont matter for indies. I have come to the conclusion that ponies have no clue what they sre saying.
#170LordMordethPosted 6/12/2014 10:56:05 AM
Pizzatarian posted...
Apparently Microsoft played it too safe at E3 by not talking about the Kinect or features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqQa8MW8IV0

But then again, they were criticized by everyone for doing that last year at their reveal. In other words, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

They did play it too safe and no.

They could've gone with something bold, but not over the top so.. they chose their presentation and rolled with it, hence why many people think their showing was safe, unsurprising and in the end, uninteresting.
---
Rage, whine, wah wah.. people really are freaking idiots.