Microsoft 'brainstorming' ways to let you play XBOX 360 games on XBOX ONE!

#21freakaccidentPosted 6/12/2014 2:02:07 AM
I still don't understand why people feel the need to have backwards compatibility. If you want to play Xbox 360 games that bad just keep the damn console. I'm sick of the general public having no basic understanding of the hardware architecture differences.
#22IzraeilPosted 6/12/2014 2:06:47 AM
I'm not really interested in PSNow to play last ten games, but features like Far Cry 4's Co op is just amazing news.
#23loafy013Posted 6/12/2014 2:09:33 AM
I was initially bummed out when my BC PS3 died, but then I just started using my PS2 again when I wanted to play an older game. Backwards compatible is nice, but so far game emulation is never 100% perfect and I don't trade my old console in for new ones. Its not a big deal for me anymore.
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
#24jpraelsterPosted 6/12/2014 2:11:12 AM
if you want to play old games, keep the old consoles
#25schmarkenheimerPosted 6/12/2014 3:52:32 AM
iamdanthaman posted...
Eoin posted...
iamdanthaman posted...
Because they understand that most people don't have good enough internet for streaming games to not be garbage, and that true BC would be a far superior option.

"True" BC isn't coming.

When they say they're "brainstorming" ways to bring Xbox 360 content to the Xbox One, this translates to "we'll have a streaming service, but we haven't announced that yet so we're not going to give out details". Microsoft aren't going to sit back and leave this entire segment of the market to Sony.

Well, yes. Obviously it wouldn't be "true BC", that would require it being built into the Hardware. But Emulation is not out of the question. Just because they say that it is "difficult" to emulate the PPC stuff on the x86 stuff, it doesn't mean it is impossible.

I think you're overestimating the hardware difference between the X1 and 360. Xbox to 360 was so much bigger and even that has problems (NFSU2 for example drops frames in busy scenes and especially when raining).
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#26Jeh64Posted 6/12/2014 3:54:02 AM
Cool
#27zinsindettaPosted 6/12/2014 4:10:06 AM
Mindwipe77 posted...
why dont they just copy ps now like they did ps plus, seems simple enough

Achievem... errrrrrrrr Trophy Unlocked

Dumbest post of the week (Bronze)
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#28assassin243Posted 6/16/2014 12:48:39 PM
this could be cool. since my 360 died and ill be getting a one soon
#29robert_rangersuPosted 6/16/2014 12:52:17 PM
I want the walking dead on my Xbox one since my Ethernet port on my 360 is ****ed and I can't play the rest of the episodes. I only played the first one ;(
---
Couldn't care less = you don't care one single bit.
Could care less = you do care, at least a little.
#30Juzten76Posted 6/16/2014 12:53:50 PM
MrSpaM111 posted...
Foreign Objects posted...
I have no interest in streaming games on the Xbox One.

I don't want to deal with controller lag or other glitches.

If it can't be emulated, don't bother.

Completely ignoring the fact that nobody has reported major lag when using PSNow and onlive have managed to stay in business for 10+ years.

Ignorance at it's best

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/01/07/playstation-now-early-impression-noticeable-lag-graphics-depend-on-bandwidth-more/

Yep.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot