Hahahahahaa.......40 endings in Dragon Age Inquisition

#11aj4x94(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 2:29:48 PM
How many color variations will the endings have?
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#12vigorm0rtisPosted 6/11/2014 2:31:59 PM
aj4x94 posted...

My point is these game developers who love to make grandiose claims about how their game has dozens of endings with all kinds of variations, when that is a complete and utter lie.

Guess it depends on what you consider a 'different' ending. I didn't count it as a full different ending in DA:O if Leliana was hardened and in leathers or still in robes, but I bet Bioware did.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#13SengokuNoMaouPosted 6/11/2014 2:35:35 PM
How is it hard to believe such a thing? It may just be he's counting every combination of "slideshows" like Dragon Age: Origins.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibgMA0LFIXHWnz.gif
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Veddhartha.png
#14ace_two_maxPosted 6/11/2014 2:36:02 PM
How many colours are there?!
---
You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead for your freedom, and your telling me your completely sane?!
#15BiggyDXPosted 6/11/2014 2:37:22 PM
Would you like a Red portal in the sky? Blue? Green? Take your pick :D
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX
#16DreadmasterXDPosted 6/11/2014 2:38:08 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Casey Hudson has nothing to do with this game though, so there's hope.

Lol I remember his excuse for not having The Illusive Man as the last boss. "It was too video gamey!"
---
PSN: PhD_Chemikill || XBL: PhD Chemikill
Official Manus Catalyst of the Dark Souls Board
#17aj4x94(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 2:38:50 PM
I don't think Bioware is going to live that one down anytime soon.....
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#18GawdDawgsPosted 6/11/2014 2:39:23 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
aj4x94 posted...

My point is these game developers who love to make grandiose claims about how their game has dozens of endings with all kinds of variations, when that is a complete and utter lie.

Guess it depends on what you consider a 'different' ending. I didn't count it as a full different ending in DA:O if Leliana was hardened and in leathers or still in robes, but I bet Bioware did.

^and that is what is utterly misleading and ridiculous.

To most people, the ending is the main story thread, so when you hear "40 different endings" you should think "40 different ways the story will play out in the end". Not "we have 3 main endings (though all are quite similar), but each one of those has 40 subtle differences, like someones haircut!" which is what devs mean, and is stupid.
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.
#19moridin7632Posted 6/11/2014 2:42:30 PM
Don't quote me on this, but I read somewhere(twitter maybe?) that there is 2-3 completely different endings. Then there are a huge amount of tweaks that can effect the ending in a small way.

So, 40 endings, while true, doesn't mean 40 different endings. Just the possibility of small "tweaks" to each ending.
---
"Be humble, for as you are better than everyone else, god is still above you" - fortune cookie, 2001
#20uniquebadgerPosted 6/11/2014 3:45:24 PM
GawdDawgs posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
aj4x94 posted...

^and that is what is utterly misleading and ridiculous.

To most people, the ending is the main story thread, so when you hear "40 different endings" you should think "40 different ways the story will play out in the end". Not "we have 3 main endings (though all are quite similar), but each one of those has 40 subtle differences, like someones haircut!" which is what devs mean, and is stupid.

This. When making these claims it seems the devs always include a different short cut scene or arrangement of the ending cut scenes to count as an ending. They should just tell us the true amount of different endings and let us know the degree of variations that there can be.