E3 2014: Microsoft On Original Xbox One Policies -- "It Was The Right Vision"

#1Laylow12Posted 6/11/2014 4:54:03 PM(edited)
You wanna know something? If this were an idea for a book, it would be turned down for being unbelievable. Link coming..

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2014-microsoft-on-original-xbox-one-policies-it-was-the-right-vision/1100-6420407/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=hub_platform

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#2motoraptorPosted 6/11/2014 4:57:29 PM
Gamers: We hate change!!!
Video Game Industry: Okay, here is the tried and true formula you seem to love.
Gamers: Same old, we want something new!!!
Video Game Industry: wat

Gamers are so fickle.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#3Ramsus082Posted 6/11/2014 4:59:47 PM(edited)
Change ! = quality
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#4Laylow12(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 5:00:03 PM
motoraptor posted...

Gamers are so fickle.

I agree with you but here's the thing, the change has to be something good and worthwhile for people to wanna pay the extra $100. Not an advertising peripheral disguised as a gaming device.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#5kyncaniPosted 6/11/2014 5:01:38 PM
motoraptor posted...
Gamers: Those changes aren't just bad, they are horrible.
Gamers: Alrighty then :)

^ Here, fixed that for you ;)
#6N0Amn3styPosted 6/11/2014 5:01:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7phoenix9291Posted 6/11/2014 5:02:38 PM
It was the right vision but some of the ways they went about it was wrong. I would love to have more digital benefits but I would hate to not be able to change discs. As time passed I realized the 24-hour check in wouldn't be a big deal for me since I am always online and it would be REALLY nice to have been able to download the game from the disc and not have to switch out BUT it would be problematic for those with poor internet and thus problematic for the console's success.

Hopefully they can find a way to bring back some of the benefits without the negative they originally had attached because digital is pretty convenient and something I am starting to really enjoy with movies and games on my computer and consoles.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#8HorridhalPosted 6/11/2014 5:04:30 PM
Nobody but Microsoft, and Microsoft fanboys, believes the original plans for the X1 were good ideas.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#9SolisPosted 6/11/2014 5:07:13 PM
motoraptor posted...

Gamers are so fickle.

Gamers like change when it doesn't screw them over. I'm amazed this is a hard concept for some people to grasp.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#10phoenix9291Posted 6/11/2014 5:08:10 PM
Horridhal posted...
Nobody but Microsoft, and Microsoft fanboys, believes the original plans for the X1 were good ideas.

Being able to share your digital games and not needing to put the disc in whenever you want to play (even though it was already on the hard drive) were bad ideas?
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup