E3 2014: Microsoft On Original Xbox One Policies -- "It Was The Right Vision"

#71wake_me_420Posted 6/12/2014 1:42:48 AM
As others have mentioned, if you really think that Family Plan was as straight up as they were vaguely trying to present it, you are delusional. Sony had to cut back from their 5 person sharing on PS3 to 2 people due to developers losing out on sales. You really think MS was going to allow you to share 10 games without heavy restrictions?
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#72blacklabelicePosted 6/12/2014 1:45:44 AM(edited)
isnt this the same guy who basically implied that we are too poor to afford to buy a kinect the day that they announced the kinect-less sku and then herped a bunch more derp about the reason ps4 is kicking the xbones ass in sales because gamers were too happy with their 360s and unsatisfied with their ps3?

i wont take anything this guy says serious. just another microsoft tool that should have his head on the chopping block
#73phoenix9291Posted 6/12/2014 9:14:00 AM
darkstar4221 posted...
phoenix9291 posted...
Horridhal posted...
Nobody but Microsoft, and Microsoft fanboys, believes the original plans for the X1 were good ideas.

Being able to share your digital games and not needing to put the disc in whenever you want to play (even though it was already on the hard drive) were bad ideas?

How the **** is that innovation? You can do that on the PC, you can do on almost any gaming platform?

The future of gaming is more of an open platform like the Ouya and the PC something you would not understand.

1) I never mentioned it being innovative, only that it would have been nice to have on the Xbox One.
2) I have a gaming PC.
3) Downloading a game from a disc onto a PC and then not having to put the disc in every time I play is something I love and would have been great to have on consoles as well.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#74billsfanno1Posted 6/12/2014 9:27:22 AM
The vision was right.

The means of achieving the vision was wrong given the current state of global connectivity and service reliability.

Many people can't seem to separate the two.
#75Viet0nePosted 6/12/2014 9:40:04 AM
phoenix9291 posted...
darkstar4221 posted...
phoenix9291 posted...
Horridhal posted...
Nobody but Microsoft, and Microsoft fanboys, believes the original plans for the X1 were good ideas.

Being able to share your digital games and not needing to put the disc in whenever you want to play (even though it was already on the hard drive) were bad ideas?

How the **** is that innovation? You can do that on the PC, you can do on almost any gaming platform?

The future of gaming is more of an open platform like the Ouya and the PC something you would not understand.

1) I never mentioned it being innovative, only that it would have been nice to have on the Xbox One.
2) I have a gaming PC.
3) Downloading a game from a disc onto a PC and then not having to put the disc in every time I play is something I love and would have been great to have on consoles as well.

Digital game purchase, and you have all that.

You do realize that in the Microsoft vision, the disk is just an install medium. As soon as you used it, it was worth less. For those with compatible Xbox Live broadband, you could probably download a game faster than it takes to drive to the store or order off an online store.
---
Currently Playing: FFXIV ARR, FFXHD, Spelunky, Infamous SS
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#76phoenix9291Posted 6/12/2014 9:46:15 AM
Viet0ne posted...
phoenix9291 posted...
darkstar4221 posted...
phoenix9291 posted...
Horridhal posted...

2) I have a gaming PC.

Digital game purchase, and you have all that.

You do realize that in the Microsoft vision, the disk is just an install medium. As soon as you used it, it was worth less. For those with compatible Xbox Live broadband, you could probably download a game faster than it takes to drive to the store or order off an online store.

And I have done that with the majority of games I have on the Xbox One. However, that results in the game being worthless when I finish or don't like it. That is why in my initial post in this topic I said I would have liked to have the benefits without the negatives. Likewise, someone else responded about how the problem is getting those benefits without the negatives.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#77Laylow12(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 9:27:53 PM
blacklabelice posted...
isnt this the same guy who basically implied that we are too poor to afford to buy a kinect the day that they announced the kinect-less sku and then herped a bunch more derp about the reason ps4 is kicking the xbones ass in sales because gamers were too happy with their 360s and unsatisfied with their ps3?

i wont take anything this guy says serious. just another microsoft tool that should have his head on the chopping block

I think him and Phil Spencer are the last of the old management team that revealed the XBOX ONE VISION. They already fired Don Mattrick and Marc Whitten so I think the writing is on the wall for ole Yusef. Especially when you consider he's still pushing for the original vision.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#78youngskillzPosted 6/12/2014 9:38:17 PM
yep get rid of him.

phil is alright in my book.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Aborted, Eye of the Enemy, The Wake, Exhortation, Deals Death, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated.
#79SoulTrapperPosted 6/13/2014 12:18:58 AM
Why can't they just let it go?

The majority of consumers saw a different future than Microsoft and Microsoft caved and gave in to what consumers wanted.

Why the constant need to whine about it?
YOU gave in, YOU decided that your own idea wasn't going to work YOU chose money over your "vision of the future".

It's also incredibly stupid to keep bringing it up, because it just keeps reminding people of how estranged from their consumer base Microsoft really is/was.
#80loafy013Posted 6/13/2014 12:57:32 AM
SupaflyGibson posted...
Horridhal posted...

It was a good idea for me because I have good internet. Anyway who's internet goes out for >24 hours ever? I hate how thats the number one argument against it.

Because there is no good reason to connect to the internet if I am only interested in single player games.
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.