yay or nay? would you buy a Souls trilogy remake?

#11_Doomguy_Posted 6/11/2014 7:42:03 PM
FootballRulez posted...
This topic is full of people who suck at games

I love Dark Souls but i hate the fanbase. It's full of people like you.
#12darkshadowmasterPosted 6/11/2014 7:44:41 PM(edited)
No.

I enjoyed my time with demons souls and dark souls 2 but have no desire to start over from scratch just for better graphics. Way too much farming involved.

Only reason I'm cool with picking up diablo 3 is I can supposedly carry over my char.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#13trenkenPosted 6/11/2014 7:44:57 PM
No. Didnt find the first one interesting so i never tried the second and no desire too. Most overrated series out there right now.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#14trenkenPosted 6/11/2014 7:47:35 PM
_Doomguy_ posted...
FootballRulez posted...

Demons souls is only hard for younger gamers. Theyre easy for ppl who grew up in the nes age. Remember when games didnt let you save? It was a pain in the ass trying to beat some of those games and they were made by evil developers. I didnt find demons souls nearly as tough as some of those old games. Gamers are weak now.
---
PS3 | CygnusZero
#15Homie_202Posted 6/11/2014 8:10:49 PM
Yea I would buy it especially if it was remastered or redone like the halo games. But the xbox will never get demons souls since it's owned by Sony. So I would buy it on my ps4 I suppose.
#16Jedi454Posted 6/11/2014 8:13:03 PM
trenken posted...
_Doomguy_ posted...
FootballRulez posted...

Demons souls is only hard for younger gamers. Theyre easy for ppl who grew up in the nes age. Remember when games didnt let you save? It was a pain in the ass trying to beat some of those games and they were made by evil developers. I didnt find demons souls nearly as tough as some of those old games. Gamers are weak now.

There's nothing wrong with not liking harder games. Calling gamers weak based on their taste, makes you look like a fool. I didn't grow up in the NES era, but I had a NES handed down to me and that was the first gaming console I had for years, playing those hard games was a challenge, frustrating, but fun. Dark Souls is not fun.
---
Owner of: Ps3/ 360/ XB1/ Aesthetic mind
#17trenkenPosted 6/11/2014 8:16:15 PM
Jedi454 posted...
trenken posted...
_Doomguy_ posted...
FootballRulez posted...

There's nothing wrong with not liking harder games. Calling gamers weak based on their taste, makes you look like a fool. I didn't grow up in the NES era, but I had a NES handed down to me and that was the first gaming console I had for years, playing those hard games was a challenge, frustrating, but fun. Dark Souls is not fun.

I agree with you. I was saying the souls games are challenging like those nes games were. All they are is tedious, and ugly on top of it.
---
PS3 | CygnusZero
#18PizzatarianPosted 6/11/2014 8:25:39 PM
trenken posted...
_Doomguy_ posted...
FootballRulez posted...

I also grew up with the NES, but the difference between those games and Dark Souls for me is that they were actually fun. Sure, it can be incredibly frustrating to make it all the way to world 8 in Super Mario Bro. 3, especially without using the warp whistles, only to die a couple times and have to start the game over right from the beginning again. However, that game made me want to play it over and over again because of the challenges that you had to overcome, while Dark Souls makes me want to turn it off and delete it because the controls are too sloppy for my liking.

For example, I hit left bumper and my character sometimes won't hold his shield up, which makes me lose half my health from one basic enemy at the beginning of the game, and then I'll hit right trigger to swing my sword only to take two steps forward for no reason causing me to fall off a cliff. To me, the controls also feel like I have a 2 second input delay most of the time. In addition, I still can't get a hang of the controls for kicking and jumping; it seems to work here and there. Also, the walking is so freaking slow, which is unbearable when you have to get all the way back to where you died to recover.
---
"When you work with your hands you'll never be rich but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
#19uniquebadgerPosted 6/11/2014 9:06:46 PM
Pizzatarian posted...
No. I've downloaded Dark Souls on the 360 because it came out this month on Games with Gold for free, and it is one of the most frustrating games that I have every played. The controls are sloppy, the gameplay/combat sluggish, it looks dated, and so far it seems like there is no direction/story to the game. I tried to give this game a fair chance and not just rage quit after a few deaths, but this is ridiculous since I probably have a couple hours into the game already; however, I am probably only realistically like 20 minutes into the game because I have no idea where to go or what to do.

All the reasons you hate the game are reasons that other people love it. I love that there is no direction and minimal instructions. I like that games aren't for everyone and this makes them more interesting.
#20SupaflyGibsonPosted 6/11/2014 9:12:26 PM
DS2 isn't even a year old yet, is it? At least Halo and H2 are from 2 gens ago.
---
gt: For Spartaa