What originally brought you to the Xbox brand?

#1SupaflyGibsonPosted 6/11/2014 9:38:52 PM
For me it was Halo. Countless weekends with my friends back in middleschool/early highschool staying up late playing CE and later H2. Before the OG Xbox I had a ps1 and loved it, so if it weren't for Halo I'd probably have stuck with the ps brand bc nothing else MS has put out would've appealed to me enough to buy an xbox.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#2demollyonPosted 6/11/2014 9:43:51 PM
Microsoft. I enjoy their vision and innovation
#3odogs4Posted 6/11/2014 9:44:37 PM
Friends!
---
NBA = Spurs , MLB = Chicago Cubs
#4TrickyPonyPosted 6/11/2014 9:45:10 PM
My friends. Halo parties in college. It was a more social console
#5Demigod_ElessarPosted 6/11/2014 9:46:57 PM
Halo as well.

I grew up in the 90's with Nintendo and Sony consoles, and mostly with RPG's. It wasn't until I went and stayed the night at a friend's house (think it was in 2002?) and he and his brother owned Xbox's, along with Halo: Combat Evolved. I played through the first level with them, and was just in awe for some reason. And then we went into the multiplayer and just had a huge free-for-all killfest for hours and hours.

I went home the next day and immediately planned on getting an Xbox and Halo.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#6MurryEB_Alt1Posted 6/11/2014 9:47:23 PM
All the kids in my neighborhood got one for Christmas in 01, so I just had to also
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel
#7Robin_MaskPosted 6/11/2014 9:47:53 PM
Just got it as a gift.

Played Halo, Max Payne, Knights of the Old Republic... but the main reason was Halo 2 online.
---
In X-Men: Days of Future Past, Iceman should have blocked since he gets no damage from beams while blocking.
#8Tajaz2426Posted 6/11/2014 9:48:18 PM
It will be Halo 5, I'm stoked for it.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#9aj4x94Posted 6/11/2014 9:54:59 PM(edited)
Xbox 1: I traded my carton of pad thai for my cousin's xbox, and the first two Fatal Frame games. After Jade Empire and DOA3, I went back to my PS2.

Xbox 360: I bought one on Black Friday to catch up on the few exclusives I wanted(Alan Wake, SC Conviction, Condemned, Gears of War among others).

Xbone: Haven't bought one, and don't plan to until they get more games I want(same goes for PS4).
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#10phineasfoolPosted 6/11/2014 9:54:14 PM
I've generally owned all of the consoles and the original Xbox was no exception. Munch's Odyssey was a big reason though as I really liked the oddworld series.
---
PSN - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool