What originally brought you to the Xbox brand?

#11UtinilPosted 6/11/2014 9:55:37 PM
My roommate had one and was playing Morrowind. I fell in love with the game and unfortunately he moved out.
#12KentFPosted 6/11/2014 9:56:57 PM
It was effectively the successor to the Dreamcast - completely with a bunch of great games from Sega (particularly SmileBit - JSRF, Gunvalkyrie, Panzer Dragoon Orta are all outright amazing games) or former Sega talent (like Phantom Dust, from Yukio Futatsugi of Panzer Dragoon fame).

Secondary to this, were other great games that came to it - DOA3, naturally Halo, Blinx, and more.

It was a great place for lots of great games that are the types of games I really enjoyed, especially as a long-time fan of Sega.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Kent
#13SonyPonyTonyPosted 6/11/2014 9:57:23 PM
Nothing brought me to MS, sony just pushed me away from play station by trying to charge for a subpar online service that just epically shoddy security and weekly maintenance downtime. I wanted to stay with PS but I couldn't keep taking the proverbial whippings they doled out
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#14squidney2k1Posted 6/11/2014 9:59:09 PM
Xbox Live.

I bought one right before Halo 2 came out so I could play online. Before then I had only played a few PC games online and other games at LAN parties. Had an absolute blast with Halo 2.
---
Best games of last gen: Mass Effect series & Bioshock series \m/ (O_o) \m/
>o_o\> AMENO >o_o\>
#15squidney2k1Posted 6/11/2014 9:59:45 PM
squidney2k1 posted...
Xbox Live.

I bought one right before Halo 2 came out so I could play online. Before then I had only played a few PC games online and other games at LAN parties. Dreamcast online never really worked for me at all. Had an absolute blast with Halo 2.

---
Best games of last gen: Mass Effect series & Bioshock series \m/ (O_o) \m/
>o_o\> AMENO >o_o\>
#16Laylow12Posted 6/11/2014 10:04:09 PM
Return to Caste Wolfenstien- multiplayer was amazing for the time. I played that for many hours everyday. Such a great system with Jade Empire, Star Wars. It was a nice alternative to the PS2, Dreacast and N64 and it was exciting to see what a new company would do with a console.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#17SupaflyGibson(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 10:06:10 PM(edited)
aj4x94 posted...
Xbox 1: I traded my carton of pad thai for my cousin's xbox, and the first two Fatal Frame games. After Jade Empire and DOA3, I went back to my PS2.

Xbox 360: I bought one on Black Friday to catch up on the few exclusives I wanted(Alan Wake, SC Conviction, Condemned, Gears of War among others).

Xbone: Haven't bought one, and don't plan to until they get more games I want(same goes for PS4).

Man forgot about DOA3! Played that game to death as well. I remember seeing it on display in an EB and thought it was the most beautiful looking game I'd ever seen. That and being a big Tekken fan forced me to beg my parents for it.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#18mokmuudPosted 6/11/2014 10:13:46 PM
I like video games. Same reason I bought any other gaming device.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#19RedFive3Posted 6/11/2014 10:16:05 PM
XBL.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#20elbarto1Posted 6/11/2014 10:24:18 PM
Halo. That and OG Xbox just looked more like what wanted than the ps2 or GameCube.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY