What originally brought you to the Xbox brand?

#21iamdanthamanPosted 6/11/2014 9:24:32 PM
The first game I played on Xbox was halo, on a friends Xbox and I loved it and knew I would buy it when I got an Xbox eventually. But the game that got me to buy an Xbox console was knights of the old republic, if the announced an HD remake of that game on Xbox one I would buy it day one.
---
All your base are belong to us
#22BushidoEffect3Posted 6/11/2014 9:27:23 PM
demollyon posted...
Microsoft. I enjoy their vision and innovation

PAhhh hah!

OT:
Mass Effect 1. But then even that was longer exclusive after a while. so no point anymore.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyOHNjZ-2qM
#23mike468Posted 6/11/2014 9:31:12 PM
Got the original Xbox (for Mortal Kombat deadly alliance) because multiplatforms looked considerably better over the PS2. When MK got delayed, I was looking for other games to hold me over, so I grabbed Halo and Dead or Alive 3 based on great reviews.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#24demollyonPosted 6/11/2014 9:33:32 PM(edited)
BushidoEffect3 posted...
demollyon posted...

PAhhh hah!

OT:
Mass Effect 1. But then even that was longer exclusive after a while. so no point anymore.

Did I say something funny?

Xbox live wasn't an innovation or something? HDDs in consoles wasn't an innovation? Digital distribution on consoles not an innovation?

What about being the first console to support 720p?
#25mike468Posted 6/11/2014 9:37:54 PM
demollyon posted...
BushidoEffect3 posted...
demollyon posted...

PAhhh hah!

OT:

Did I say something funny?

Xbox live wasn't an innovation or something? HDDs in consoles wasn't an innovation? Digital distribution on consoles not an innovation?

What about being the first console to support 720p?

Just ignore him. He's a known troll. He's on my ignore list for a reason.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#26SS_MetalSonicPosted 6/11/2014 9:51:27 PM
My boss at work wanted me to get one. I talked him into getting the Sega Dreamcast . We had a ton of fun with NFL2K and Unreal Tournament on Dreamcast. We moved on to Playstation 2 but it's online wasn't very good. So we didn't play much if that together . I continued on playing my PS favorites and he kept telling I need to get Xbox.

I maintained to him I would not get one until the price dropped to $200. He kept talking about Halo and LAN parties or whatever and I was acting like a big hater. Still maintaining I would not get ine until a price drop and I refuse to pay for LIVE.

Even though I initially paid for Sega Net I dont know why I resisted so much. Looking back I must have sounded like a whiny brat lol.
The Fable commercials really made me want an Xbox. But I kept being stingy with my money. The next thing I know Halo 2 comes out and my boss and I are no longer working together as our company we worked for went out of Business due to Takeover. We still would talk to each other and he would tell me how great Halo 2 is online.

The Xbox drops in price down to $179 and I am eyeing it HARD. Still reluctant to buy but I am looking over the game selection. If I could find 3 Xbox only games to start with that I would like; I would take the plunge. Then it happened. IGN review of Ninja Gaiden . I. Am . Sold! A week before NG's release I bought the Xbox. I bought it with that 2K Baseball game. And the next day at a different store I bought Fable for $8 , Halo for $6 , and pre- ordered Ninja Gaiden ( released the next week). I bought Jade Empire , Halo 2 , Dead or Alive 3 , and Forza. I immediately stopped play Gran Turismo after that! Because why would I want to play GT now? That's right, I wouldn't.
About 8 months later my former boss and still friend; calls me to see how I have been. Eventually he tells me I really need to get an Xbox. I nonchalantly tell him I have one and he FREAKS OUT. " LET's play Halo online!" He says. I tell him I finished Halo 2 campaign and sold the game. He is like " no problem I have an extra copy i can let you have." Lol. I had bought a controller that came with a 3 month subscription a while ago. Put in the code and the rest is history.

I went on to buy the 360 at it's launch price and the Xbox one at it's launch price Day one edition. I am a fan through and through after my initial hesitation with the brand.
---
http://shonmac.deviantart.com/ [ PSWiiPCBOX ] Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Strider, inFamous: SS, Forza 5, Titanfall
#27blacklabelicePosted 6/11/2014 9:53:19 PM
halo and morrowind
#28Sith JediPosted 6/11/2014 10:01:06 PM
The re-release of Conker iirc.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#29lunaticcorePosted 6/11/2014 10:02:54 PM
I had extra money to spent and I just bought a Gamecube. I felt temped to complete my collection so I got the original Xbox on a whim. I wasn't really a fan til Counter Stike and Xbox Live though.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#30demollyonPosted 6/11/2014 10:04:05 PM
SS_MetalSonic posted...
My boss at work wanted me to get one. I talked him into getting the Sega Dreamcast . We had a ton of fun with NFL2K and Unreal Tournament on Dreamcast. We moved on to Playstation 2 but it's online wasn't very good. So we didn't play much if that together . I continued on playing my PS favorites and he kept telling I need to get Xbox.

I maintained to him I would not get one until the price dropped to $200. He kept talking about Halo and LAN parties or whatever and I was acting like a big hater. Still maintaining I would not get ine until a price drop and I refuse to pay for LIVE.

Even though I initially paid for Sega Net I dont know why I resisted so much. Looking back I must have sounded like a whiny brat lol.
The Fable commercials really made me want an Xbox. But I kept being stingy with my money. The next thing I know Halo 2 comes out and my boss and I are no longer working together as our company we worked for went out of Business due to Takeover. We still would talk to each other and he would tell me how great Halo 2 is online.

The Xbox drops in price down to $179 and I am eyeing it HARD. Still reluctant to buy but I am looking over the game selection. If I could find 3 Xbox only games to start with that I would like; I would take the plunge. Then it happened. IGN review of Ninja Gaiden . I. Am . Sold! A week before NG's release I bought the Xbox. I bought it with that 2K Baseball game. And the next day at a different store I bought Fable for $8 , Halo for $6 , and pre- ordered Ninja Gaiden ( released the next week). I bought Jade Empire , Halo 2 , Dead or Alive 3 , and Forza. I immediately stopped play Gran Turismo after that! Because why would I want to play GT now? That's right, I wouldn't.
About 8 months later my former boss and still friend; calls me to see how I have been. Eventually he tells me I really need to get an Xbox. I nonchalantly tell him I have one and he FREAKS OUT. " LET's play Halo online!" He says. I tell him I finished Halo 2 campaign and sold the game. He is like " no problem I have an extra copy i can let you have." Lol. I had bought a controller that came with a 3 month subscription a while ago. Put in the code and the rest is history.

I went on to buy the 360 at it's launch price and the Xbox one at it's launch price Day one edition. I am a fan through and through after my initial hesitation with the brand.

Cool story bro.

No, seriously, cool story.