What originally brought you to the Xbox brand?

#41UnhelpfulNPCPosted 6/11/2014 11:01:07 PM
Played Halo at my cousin's house and liked it, but what sold me on the console was a friend telling me about Ninja Gaiden.
#42DEMONPANDA212Posted 6/11/2014 11:04:39 PM
SupaflyGibson posted...
For me it was Halo. Countless weekends with my friends back in middleschool/early highschool staying up late playing CE and later H2. Before the OG Xbox I had a ps1 and loved it, so if it weren't for Halo I'd probably have stuck with the ps brand bc nothing else MS has put out would've appealed to me enough to buy an xbox.

Brother bought it for Halo and then I was forced into what you enjoyed.

Suffice to say, a game I already disliked soon became a game I detested as week after week I was essentially bullied into playing it. Winning every single game just made me hate it more due to boredom.

I enjoyed a plethora of games though which continued with the 360 and now the One.

Halo needs to die though.
---
Proud PSWii60One4U3DVitaPC owner. In short, while I have my favourites, I ain't a fanboy or hater to either.
#43Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 6/11/2014 11:06:18 PM
Halo.
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#44Pixx0Posted 6/11/2014 11:09:10 PM
Halo: CE (original Xb)
about the 360, the fact they were first to offer a HD console

what can I say...everyone makes mistakes
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#45pblimp360Posted 6/11/2014 11:21:32 PM
Halo and iirc Dead or Alive.

I got Halo out of a hunch based off the E3 showing and I wasn't really into FPS then. I even had it sitting around and never played it for a solid month or two. Finally me and my friend (now brother-in-law) decided to give it a try. Why not right?

Well, I've been addicted to the lore and gameplay of the series ever since. It's truly one of gamings most legendary series, deserving of it's praise.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#46VeluxierPosted 6/11/2014 11:22:04 PM
Halo 2 with my buddies. Those were some good times.
---
Now Playing: Watch_Dogs.
XBL GT: Veluxier
#47GeOstylePosted 6/11/2014 11:43:46 PM
pblimp360 posted...
Halo and iirc Dead or Alive.

I got Halo out of a hunch based off the E3 showing and I wasn't really into FPS then. I even had it sitting around and never played it for a solid month or two. Finally me and my friend (now brother-in-law) decided to give it a try. Why not right?

Well, I've been addicted to the lore and gameplay of the series ever since. It's truly one of gamings most legendary series, deserving of it's praise.

Halo and doa3 my 1st 2 games!!!
---
Love SOSA!
#48blackhrtPosted 6/12/2014 12:02:18 AM
Ninja Gaiden and Brute Force.
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
#49BigBee2005Posted 6/12/2014 12:03:38 AM
I never owned the original Xbox and I never even considered really, was totally hooked on my PS2 and the PS1 before that. Not really being into online MP games, I wasn't at all tempted by Halo either. It was my enthusiasm for HD gaming which lead me to buy the 360, being as the PS3 launch was delayed and despite a couple of RROD still love the 360 and now the XB1. I bought a PS3 once MGS4 was released. My wife bought me a PS4 for Christmas and I bought my XB1 about two months ago.
---
XBL Headwind PSN Headwindz
#50hoggys2much99Posted 6/12/2014 12:17:53 AM(edited)
This is how I got into the Xbox brand:

Back in 2005 my brother asked me what was the best console for shooters as that what he likes so I told him to get a 360 as that was what he was in to.

Now at that time we were both back temporarily staying with our parents and I didn't pay much attention to it as I was quite happy playing Tomb Raider Anniversary on my Wii and PS2 and playing my GameCube.

But then one day I was bored and my brother went to me do you want to see the Xbox and I went and had a look and I liked what I saw. Then he said something that totally surprised me as we don't usually get along that well. He said "You can play on that while I am at work" (as I am unemployed) and I thought that was brilliant of him.

So I created my own account ( with help thanks to a very helpful woman at Xbox Live) on my brothers 360 (yeah my account is older than my 360) so I downloaded a couple of arcade games and played them.

Then my mum went to me how would you like an Xbox for an early birthday present ( I got it on October my birthday is November) so I did.

I did something stupid though. She offered me The Elite but I turned it down for The 60GB Pro because I wanted to save her money even though there was only a 30 difference in price.

So I have been playing 360 since October 16th 2008. I was able to transfer my account from my brothers 360 thanks to him having a 360 memory card.

The first two games I got were Tomb Raider: Legend and Dead Or Alive Xtreme 2.
---
GT: hoggys2much
Don't **** with a Witch - Bayonetta