Will the next Xbox be all digital?

#1youngskillzPosted 6/11/2014 10:54:09 PM
i think it might be.

i know i'm not alone in the fact i'll hate when gaming goes all digital...

i'm all for digital in the sense of this gen when you install your game disc an play from the hd, that's fine, an hopefully game sharing aswell.

i just don't like not owning any physical media for something i spend a good chuck of money on.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Aborted, Eye of the Enemy, The Wake, Exhortation, Deals Death, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated.
#2Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 6/11/2014 10:58:21 PM
If they were like Steam I'd be fine with all digital.

too bad that's not the case. Console games I buy physical copies. I almost always buy PC games digitally through steam
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#3youngskillz(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 11:02:49 PM
yeah problem is the amount of money, if games cost 20 bucks or less for brand new titles i wouldn't care as much.

but 60 bucks for a digital file you might not always have access too is hard to swallow.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Aborted, Eye of the Enemy, The Wake, Exhortation, Deals Death, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated.
#4youngskillz(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 12:27:02 PM
bump nobody else?
---
#5Parisinflames78Posted 6/12/2014 12:58:52 PM
I think all consoles will be digital next generation. if it last the same length as last generation if we dont have broadband internet available to everyone by that time we have failed as a race.
#6Parisinflames78Posted 6/12/2014 12:59:52 PM
youngskillz posted...
yeah problem is the amount of money, if games cost 20 bucks or less for brand new titles i wouldn't care as much.

but 60 bucks for a digital file you might not always have access too is hard to swallow.

20 bucks is a little low AAA games have large budgets. Id be okay with $45 for AAA games digitally.