Is there a way to force...

#1bmx_parkriderPosted 6/12/2014 5:55:34 AM
Game producers/developer/publishes or whoever releases the game to stop releasing games that are broke, unfinished, etc, etc?

Here's the catch 22.

You have to stop them with out not buying the game. And I say with out, not buying the game because people will buy it. They will. Were a spoiled society and we want things, we want them and we want them now.

So my question is this, how do you force game developers to finish there games before they release them?
---
I'm filled with hate, and I hate it.
GT: xThrasher610x
#2_Doomguy_Posted 6/12/2014 5:58:43 AM
You can't. With this digital era developers don't care if they finish it or not because they can just say "Lol we'll patch it next week :^) " every dang time.
#3freakaccidentPosted 6/12/2014 6:02:33 AM
_Doomguy_ posted...
You can't. With this digital era developers don't care if they finish it or not because they can just say "Lol we'll patch it next week :^) " every dang time.

This
#4AWarAmp84Posted 6/12/2014 6:03:38 AM
_Doomguy_ posted...

This unfortunately.
---
Toronto Maple Leafs fan for life. Favourite game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#5bmx_parkrider(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2014 6:03:13 PM
I just feel like that should be against the law.
---
I'm filled with hate, and I hate it.
GT: xThrasher610x
#6Reel_Big_MikePosted 6/14/2014 6:11:15 PM
It doesn't really bother me that much. No matter how much testing you do, with the size and scope of today's videogames you will ALWAYS find bugs between the time you go gold and the day you release. I'd much rather have the ability to DL patches than be stuck with a bug in a game forever.
---
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.
#7AgentLockePosted 6/14/2014 7:20:02 PM
Reel_Big_Mike posted...
It doesn't really bother me that much. No matter how much testing you do, with the size and scope of today's videogames you will ALWAYS find bugs between the time you go gold and the day you release. I'd much rather have the ability to DL patches than be stuck with a bug in a game forever.

I agree win you man, however it doesn't excuse cases like BF4, EA knew the game was not ready yet launched it to "compete" with ghosts sales. Just a dumb launch in every way you look at it. As much as ghost sucks it's cod and bf had no chance of reaching similar sales regardless if it's better. If they would have launched it finished, a month after ghosts I think it would have done much better. People would have time to get in ghost, see how bad it is and wants something new. Instead they had the option of bad game vs broken game. That launch that tarnished the BF name BAD. The ea execs deserve some backlash for that one.
---
Italy to win the cup for the 5th time! Let's go Azzurri!!!
#8bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 6/14/2014 7:22:36 PM
This topic makes me think of Payday 2 on the 360
#9DarthUchiha91Posted 6/14/2014 7:23:08 PM
AgentLocke posted...
Reel_Big_Mike posted...

I agree win you man, however it doesn't excuse cases like BF4, EA knew the game was not ready yet launched it to "compete" with ghosts sales. Just a dumb launch in every way you look at it. As much as ghost sucks it's cod and bf had no chance of reaching similar sales regardless if it's better. If they would have launched it finished, a month after ghosts I think it would have done much better. People would have time to get in ghost, see how bad it is and wants something new. Instead they had the option of bad game vs broken game. That launch that tarnished the BF name BAD. The ea execs deserve some backlash for that one.

Batman Arkham origns was worse. They flat out said they had no intention on fixing the bugs until after their dlc gets released >:(
---
The Delay game is GOTY 2014!