So That MS Cloud Demo Was Early CrackDown 3 Testing....

#11ScRuiPosted 6/12/2014 6:52:48 AM
The tech demo surprised me a bit...

Not because of the cloud based physics, but how little the actual system handled without any type of performance faults...

When they start shooting the top of the building, the FPS just utterly collapse... 2-3FPS, while the cloud based kept up with it was handling... Pretty cool...

It seems that the Rainbow 6 Siege demo kinda has same standard in destruction... Anything and everything can be destroyed or penetrated...

Hope this becomes the standard, not the exception... Especially if other consoles can't use the same technical abilities to hit this level of physics...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#12Apex-PlayerPosted 6/12/2014 7:00:53 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
Apex-Player posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

Don't be shy.

OT: first time I've seen the tech demo. I hope it comes to be like the demo suggests. Will have to wait and see.

I was just saying if you add
textures, trees, cars, character models, enemy AI, smoke, explosions, real time weather/lighting etc
on to that plain world would the performance still be acceptable?

No idea.

If it says there's frame rate drops already and so much is still lacking, i'd keep my expectations in check.
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh
#13bob15xPosted 6/12/2014 7:06:57 AM
lunaticcore posted...
There seems to be a really good chance that the game is going to rely heavily on cloud processing to an extent that it will require an online connection. Obviously speculation based on what seems to be the goals of the developer of the game, but something some people might have a legit worry about.

you know what amazes me? People are not smart enough to think that there will be a switch that when you are connected to the internet with the appropriate connection you get the full physics and when you don't the physics will be turned down.

You know, a toggle, like on the computer.

why are people so black and white.

please start using your brains people.
#14jblaze2121Posted 6/12/2014 7:15:20 AM
RuinerEraser posted...
Lyrics from my favourite band are so fitting for this topic!!

"the CLOUDs will part and the sky CRACKs open and god himself will reach his f****ing arm through just to push you DOWN just to hold you down stuck in this hole with ..."

THAT is all, good day sir,

PS: That demo was legit awesome.

NIN
Classic
---
IGN~jblaze~3DS FC:3093-8430-0175~GT~jblaze2121~PSN~jblaze2121-http://tinyurl.com/jblazepokemonz
#15TheMuffinPosted 6/12/2014 7:34:44 AM
ScRui posted...
The tech demo surprised me a bit...

Not because of the cloud based physics, but how little the actual system handled without any type of performance faults...

When they start shooting the top of the building, the FPS just utterly collapse... 2-3FPS, while the cloud based kept up with it was handling... Pretty cool...

It seems that the Rainbow 6 Siege demo kinda has same standard in destruction... Anything and everything can be destroyed or penetrated...

Hope this becomes the standard, not the exception... Especially if other consoles can't use the same technical abilities to hit this level of physics...

Real time physics is one of the most intensive processes you can try and do in a game. A lot of games find canned ways of doing it though that make it seem random though. Battlefield is a big one for this. Buildings collapse, but always in the same orientation no matter where you have taken out the structure. The one of note that is different is the two new Red Factions. I honestly don't know how they do it. I have to imagine that there is some sort of precalculated stuff going on despite it looking like everything falls randomly.
---
MonicasBack ~This is an interesting topic, I could imagine my mom or someone else who has zero knowledge of games making it.
#16kingofjamaicaPosted 6/12/2014 7:41:10 AM
So basically, Crackdown won't work without a constant internet connection. That or destruction physics just get turned off whenever you drop connection.

Not a very good game design decision.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#17kingofjamaicaPosted 6/12/2014 7:43:35 AM
bob15x posted...
lunaticcore posted...
There seems to be a really good chance that the game is going to rely heavily on cloud processing to an extent that it will require an online connection. Obviously speculation based on what seems to be the goals of the developer of the game, but something some people might have a legit worry about.

you know what amazes me? People are not smart enough to think that there will be a switch that when you are connected to the internet with the appropriate connection you get the full physics and when you don't the physics will be turned down.

And what happens if your connection drops mid-calculation? Does the physic of that object just stop? Does it reset the object to its default state? Does the console just take over for a few seconds and your framerate drops to unplayable levels?

It's nowhere near as simple a problem as you seem to think it is.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#18bob15xPosted 6/12/2014 8:12:41 AM
kingofjamaica posted...
bob15x posted...
lunaticcore posted...

And what happens if your connection drops mid-calculation? Does the physic of that object just stop? Does it reset the object to its default state? Does the console just take over for a few seconds and your framerate drops to unplayable levels?

It's nowhere near as simple a problem as you seem to think it is.

you are just nit picking. How often is that going to happen? Shall we outlaw multiplayer games, or playstation now because you internet may hiccup and you will get killed?
#19Apex-PlayerPosted 6/12/2014 8:23:19 AM(edited)
What happens when MS drops support and you go back to play the game? The experience will become hollow.

Imagine if you went back to your favorite FF game,
and magic was just damage to the enemies/ you pick firaga and red numbers damage the enemy.
Then you choose ifrit and instead of a cool animation, you get a fireball.

How much would you enjoy playing games you enjoyed in a way you never imagined, for the worse?

It would be complete garbage.
If MS pushes this with their games to stay competitive your library will be complete garbage worthy experience to revisit.
Might as well start renting MS games instead of buying them at that point.
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh
#20BiggyDXPosted 6/12/2014 8:22:11 AM
I doubt it'll be online only. That'd be stupid considering the game doesn't have too much recognition in the casual market, and would suffer heavily if they required constant internet. More than likely the game will tone down how many objects can be destroyed at once, or will change how small an element can be destroyed. At least it represents a good concept of what Cloud Computing can do.
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX