So That MS Cloud Demo Was Early CrackDown 3 Testing....

#31james259Posted 6/12/2014 8:44:10 AM
Personally I'm all for it because I have internet so...
---
Prepare to be emancipated from your own inferior genes!- Abradolf Lincler
3DS FC: 0989-1746-5488
#32Juzten76Posted 6/12/2014 8:48:34 AM
kingofjamaica posted...
bob15x posted...
lunaticcore posted...
There seems to be a really good chance that the game is going to rely heavily on cloud processing to an extent that it will require an online connection. Obviously speculation based on what seems to be the goals of the developer of the game, but something some people might have a legit worry about.

you know what amazes me? People are not smart enough to think that there will be a switch that when you are connected to the internet with the appropriate connection you get the full physics and when you don't the physics will be turned down.

You know, a toggle, like on the computer.

And what happens if your connection drops mid-calculation? Does the physic of that object just stop? Does it reset the object to its default state? Does the console just take over for a few seconds and your framerate drops to unplayable levels?

It's nowhere near as simple a problem as you seem to think it is.

It's nowhere near as much of a problem as you seem to think it is.

What if.....WHAT IF!? OMG WHAT IF!!!??? Your power goes out while playing a game?! What now!? Big fail on Microsoft's part there.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#33cmincPosted 6/12/2014 8:51:39 AM
Apex-Player posted...
We're not talking Sony, everything is wahh what about Sony with you bob15x.
I don't plan to use psnow, that's irrelevant from the discussion.

Stay on topic, this will literally turn your games to trash after a period of time.
Yet you support it why, because it's MS. Blind fanboy or complete shill.
Give me a break.
A crap idea is a crap idea.

Youre more likeable when you delete your posts before anyone has a chance to read them. The cloud enables calculation and performance that otherwise would not be possible on a single piece of hardware without dramatic sacrifices to everything you could see and play. The processing load itself is so insignificant to ms's servers that the only way it gets turned off is if ms either goes out of business or decides to sell off an entire sector of their business services that make them money hand over fist.

You dont have to like what it enables and allows for, but pretending it's anything short of amazing makes you look shortsighted and fanboyish.

The cloud isnt going anywhere.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | 1TB 128 MB Cache HD| Windows 8.1 | 360 | XB1
#34Jiggy101011Posted 6/12/2014 9:15:22 AM
bob15x posted...
Apex-Player posted...
We're not talking Sony, everything is wahh what about Sony with you bob15x.
I don't plan to use psnow, that's irrelevant from the discussion.

Stay on topic, this will literally turn your games to trash after a period of time.
Yet you support it why, because it's MS. Blind fanboy or complete shill.
Give me a break.
A crap idea is a crap idea.

of course we are not talking sony because you are a hypocrite.

I hate MS, I hate Sony. As companies they both are horrible. Every sony product I have had broke way too early and MS stole money form me, took me 6 months to get it back. PS4 is my also my primary console. So I guess the fact I hate both companies makes me a shill?

So why would I hate new tech? What is there to hate? Not my fault you are not smart enough to realize that it would be very very easy to have the game adapt with no internet connection.

You have a brain. Try and use it once in a while Apex. Because you comments are seriously lacking intelligence.

My god, I fear for the future with people like you.

Internet connection - full physics
no internet connection - normal physics like we have been use too all this time
connection drops - physics toggles down.

OMG look at that. Simple huh? Maybe not for you thought as you have proven over and over.

and if your argument is the fact that if it dials down because the "cloud" which is going no where is turned off then the game will be a pile of trash.

so basically the physics will be just like all the games now, so you basically said every game right now in existence is a pile of trash.

good god you are a piece of work.

Don't you two get bored arguing with each other every day? Just put him on your ignore list already bob, I mean do you really expect Apex-Player to say ANYTHING positive about Microsoft?
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, South Park: The Stick of Truth
#35kingofjamaicaPosted 6/12/2014 9:58:57 AM
bob15x posted...
kingofjamaica posted...
bob15x posted...
lunaticcore posted...
There seems to be a really good chance that the game is going to rely heavily on cloud processing to an extent that it will require an online connection. Obviously speculation based on what seems to be the goals of the developer of the game, but something some people might have a legit worry about.

you know what amazes me? People are not smart enough to think that there will be a switch that when you are connected to the internet with the appropriate connection you get the full physics and when you don't the physics will be turned down.

You know, a toggle, like on the computer.

And what happens if your connection drops mid-calculation? Does the physic of that object just stop? Does it reset the object to its default state? Does the console just take over for a few seconds and your framerate drops to unplayable levels?

It's nowhere near as simple a problem as you seem to think it is.

you are just nit picking. How often is that going to happen? Shall we outlaw multiplayer games, or playstation now because you internet may hiccup and you will get killed?

That's the thing, it's not just in the multiplayer portion of the game. It's in the single-player too. And yes, it CAN be a huge issue. You need look no further than Diablo III. Even if your internet doesn't go down, the servers can and likely will.

There's also the issue of where the servers are. Majority of the time, even on a good connection, you're looking at 40ms of latency minimum, sometimes upward of 100-200ms. That's a noticeable amount of latency for something like physics.

Only way to make up for that latency is prediction software, which even when done well(CoD games do it extremely well), can still cause jarring experiences when something goes slightly wrong. The difference here being instead of one of the thirty rounds you just fired not registering when it should have, now you have a potentially large and game changing destruction event firing incorrectly.

There are a TON of potential problems with the setup. Sure, they'll figure out novel solutions for most of them, but **** happens. I don't want stuff like that ruining my single-player experience, and I'm not alone in thinking that way.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#36LooksLikeRainPosted 6/12/2014 10:01:55 AM
Revelant info and lots of numbers here of anyone's interested:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69430828
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.